• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I've seen the light...

...well not completly!!

New Desire owner here from Scotland. Had it since Tuesday after having iPhone for 20 months. I got the Desire as I was pissed at not being able to get an iPhone 4 on launch day. I am liking the Desire, although not overly impressed with my battery life so far plus have found Android to be a wee bit gltichy a couple of times. Got 14 days to return the handset and fully intend to use that time to try and full head over heels in love it!!

Welcome to Android Forums!

I'm not sure if you'll fall madly in love with the desire...but I can speak to android as a whole. Android has come a long way in a very short amount of time. The developer community is becoming very strong as well and as a platform, I believe there is nothing better. Is everything as smooth as the OS that apple has? No...it is lacking some of the visual appeal that many people associate with making a phone "flawless". I am running a custom ROM on my Droid that is built from Froyo (Android version 2.2) and it is a huge improvement!

So where you may miss the iPhone's "smoothness", hopefully you will find Android to be a much more capable OS. Hopefully the Desire will be able to showcase that.

Again, welcome!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones