• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

java not supported

ok sio im trying to bypass the email question setup for the galaxy s7 . i can get into my email etc but i cant do anything else, i cant even use the keyboard . its showing me a message saying browser not supported please update your browser.my question is how can i up date the browser if it wont let me try or go anywhere on the web?

I am confused by your post, longbeachkidd. You said you were trying to "bypass the email question" (not sure what that means) but that you had managed to set up your email and could get into it, but nothing else works. No idea how setting up your email could "break" your keyboard and no idea how it would have effected your access to the web. The Galaxy comes stock with a working Internet browser, obviously; did you delete it or something?

And what does any of this have to do with Java, which, according to the title of your post, is what this thread was supposed to be about? Please give us more details; I am sure one of the experts here (I am not one, lol) will be able to help you.

(You might consider doing a factory reset. It sounds to me as if some files have been corrupted, or...who knows, but the reset should get the phone back to stock and at least you will have a functioning phone again!)

Holly

Upvote 0
oklet me start over. i have a galaxy s7. it was factory reset. i dont know the email address used when the phone was bough. in order for the phone to funcition again one needs the email. however i am able to by pass the email and get to a point where i should be able to replace the email that was used when the phone was bought with my email. now everything works just fine until i get to the point where it ask me for my email. along with askig to put my emsil address in i get a black box with the message that says" your browser doesnt support java. to continue please instal a compatible browser. which i cant do because the key bored wont work at this point because samsung set it up as a security feature . kinda like the ipad deal where u gotta know the itunes account etc
oklet me start over. i have a galaxy s7. it was factory reset. i dont know the email address used when the phone was bough. in order for the phone to funcition again one needs the email. however i am able to by pass the email and get to a point where i should be able to replace the email that was used when the phone was bought with my email. now everything works just fine until i get to the point where it ask me for my email. along with askig to put my emsil address in i get a black box with the message that says" your browser doesnt support java. to continue please instal a compatible browser. which i cant do because the key bored wont work at this point because samsung set it up as a security feature . kinda like the ipad deal where u gotta know the itunes account etc

Upvote 0
So you have a phone that's security locked with someone else's email, and you're asking on here how you can bypass that and setup as your own?

Yeah, not going to happen.

I can't remember the specific term for it, but at the end of the day you'll either have to sign in with the gmail account that setup the lock- then disable that lock and reset it again, or you'll have to reach out to Samsung about sending the phone in for service.

Upvote 0
I can read just fine, and I can usually comprehend gibberish. Case in point: I was able interpret "i dont know the email address used when the phone was bough. in order for the phone to funcition again one needs the email."

I was also able to interpret: "how do i update my browser or instal one that works with java if im unable to use the keyboard to navagaite"

So I ask- "you dont read very well do you"? The information "for those that are some what slow is" what I said before: "Java (Flash) isn't supported on mobile anymore. Hasn't been for a while." Furthermore, allow me to repeat that "at the end of the day you'll either have to sign in with the gmail account that setup the lock- then disable that lock and reset it again, or you'll have to reach out to Samsung about sending the phone in for service."

You have the necessary information. Being a jerk will get you no further help. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones