• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jawbone "Icon" Bluetooth headset

Chuck1906

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
I was amazed to noticed several things that my Bluetooth headset could do. I didn't know that I could listen to music or anything that has audio can come through the headset. Also when I get an incoming call, it will alert me to the number that call is coming from. Is there a way to switch that to the name of the person instead? I am not going to pick up on someone's number where I would if it announced the person's name.

I guess it depends on who it comes through the phone... If it comes across as a ringtone, then no. Anything else, then yes, it should come across the headset. But being that is activated through the phone app, I'm assuming it will be as a ringtone.

I usually have my ringer on silent, or else have my vehicle radio on where I wouldn't be able to hear it anyhow.

While it doesn't sound like it would be a match for me, I can definitely see the warrant in the app.

I also checked around on the Jawbone website, and apparently the newest headset, the ERA, does announce the Caller ID by name...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones