• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root JB rom no internal storage space problems???

Emfolla

Jul 24, 2012
Hello, as the title says it, Does JellyBean custom roms makes it possible for the galaxy ace to install apps into sd card by default? As in I won't have to worry about the internal storage space(Phone memory) anymore. That Apps will not be installed in the internal storage space.
I heard about it from a friend and wonder if it was true.Specifically i was thinking about this custom rom
SGSII JB V10.1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1453165

I am using the Galaxy ace s5830.
Any thoughts or alternative suggestions would be useful too. I am using S2E app which i gotta say is SPLENDID, not even 10mb is used in my internal storage even with dozens of apps.However it can only operate with CM roms. So yea...
Lastly Thank You For Your Help

1. This is not a Jellybean rom, read carefully, it is based on 2.3.6 DDKQ8 stock firmware, its only themed and customised to look like the jellybean firmware that runs on the Samsung Galaxy S2 phones.
2. There is no such rom that can give you the ability to install apps on sd-ext without using apps like s2e/app2sd/link2sd or any scripts like amarullz/cronmod. The rom will either be having these scripts preinstalled to make it easier for users to setup or will have the init.d ability so that you can install these yourself.

Reactions: Emfolla
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones