• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean Released (NL)

f3bruary

Lurker
Jan 27, 2013
So today they pushed JB to Razr I's in Holland. I downloaded it (300MB) and installed it and here's what I think so far.

1. The transistions are a bit slower than on ICS. It's fluent but the timing is just longer. Something I do not like...

2. The control buttons seem to have become more intelligent. For example if a drop down menu is opened, the 'back' icon changes and upon press it will close the drop down menu first, then the icon will change back to an back arrow.

Also, the control buttons turned blue in ICS, the are grey in JB.

3. The task manager seemed a but laggy, just a little bit. I noticed a little stutter in the animations.

4. The notifications screen is different, it looks more clean and shows time and date now. It also lowers the brightness when you slide down, nice detail but I don't know if I like this or hate it yet....

Jelly Bean does not feel more smooth in particular. But I would like it if more people would share their experience here.

I'll post some updates too soon.

UPDATE: The 'Sleep' options is no more when holding the standby button to poweroff. Also, when you hold the home button a 'swipe out' icon (like lock screen) appears for google search. I can't find an option to add items unfortunately though.

Swipe up from the home screen "button" gives Google Now which has cards that can give you information such as traffic and weather.

There seems to be a file manager included now and an option in the camera settings to turn of the shutter sound.When adding widgets to the home screens other icons move around to make space for them which is a nice feature.

It doesn't seem to add a lot and transitions are not quite as smooth but its very minor both on the negative and positives.

Upvote 0
I've found another issue. One that many have and seems to be fixed, just not on the version motorola pushed. The issue occurs when you try to install non-english dictionaries. Upon refresh is still shows that it's available but it won't install. I use english and dutch dict's so it's annoying for me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones