• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Jittery Home Screen navigation on Froyo ROMs

Good, basic question.

Flashing is the process of installing the ROM; it's just the word that's used because you're affecting the deeper portions of the system, actually replacing most of it.

Getting familiar with the menus in the recovery area is a great way to begin to understand rooting.

ranexusrecoveryimage1.png

Wiping paves the way for a fresh ROM install. Sometimes it is not necessary and you will see developer notes saying that.. most often when upgrading from one version of a ROM to another of the same ROM.

How do I download the Nexus Recovery?

Upvote 0
Could it be the launchers these builds are using? I'm currently on PlainJaneT2v2.0 as well, but I have tried Kaos and Cyanogen and was not terribly impressed. I wanted to like them, but not using a stock launcher ( like Home ) is why I left.

I've tried those other launchers on Eris stock 2.1v3 and over time, they just didn't perform well.

What about their implementation of OpenGL?

I noticed a lot of lag with the ADW (the launcher that comes stock on Kaos v. 24). As soon as I switched to LauncherPro Plus it was dramatically smoother.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones