• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JKay 13.4.1 now out

Hawker

Android Expert
Aug 2, 2011
UK
www.celica.talktalk.net
Changes since 13.2:

* Deluxe Settings apk now included with theme (installed in system folder).
* Changed Theme Clock toggle to also theme connection icons.
* Split up glass and aosp shortcuts.
* Support for AOSP shortcut templates.
* Support for setting Auto brightness delay. Select between values: No delay, 0.5 seconds, 1 second and 2 seconds.
* Support for Auto brightness profiles
* Background data on/off toggle added to quick settings panel
* apk refactored, toggles put in sub pages: set lock screen options, set statusbar options, set phone option items and set misc options
* toggle on/off for showing the Quick Settings panel
* phone option dialog menu items can be reordered like quick panel buttons
* backup and restore all settings
* 'Clear all' button moved to notification header on expanded statusbar (if you unselect 'Show carrier label')

13.4.1 now out. See post #7

Reactions: sinusinu and Twinn
Features in v13.4.1 (bold is added since v13.3.9):
* Fixed 2 minor bugs (dimming changed to 5 and default brightness profile is again the Normal profile)
* Fixed 2 minor graphical bugs (Themed signal strength did not always go green at boot and when roaming)
* Split up the status bar option 'Theme icons' to 'Theme connection icons', 'Theme clock', 'Theme text' and 'Theme battery level'
* Added 'Add date to clock' toggle for always showing the date on the status bar.
* Moved Battery level text a few pixels to the left
* Confirmation toggle for Backup/Restore and Reset
* Added 2 more Brightness profiles (now 3 of the profiles require a custom kernel for the darkest setting, one is a special Test profile that can be used for testing if the kernel supports low brightness values)
Note: After Restoring Deluxe Settings in v13.4.1 please change your Brightness profile to the one you had in v13.3.9!!

Upvote 0
It's looking more and more likely that jkay is not going to develop his amazing deluxe settings app and themes any more due to repeatedly stupid questions being brought up in his thread time and time again. He has not been on for 4 or 5 days now and he threatened to do this a day or so previous to his last post.
I sincerely hope this is not the case as his app really does make my gs2 so much more special to me.

Fingers crossed he will have a change of heart and the content hassling will stop.

If not, all the best jkay. You have done an incredible job making my gs2 experience so very much better.

Upvote 0
lads am i the only one who have problem with latest jkay and ICS theme 1.6? they seem not to work together...hmm i have to use 13.2 otherwise its a no go. so any solutions or just w8ing for update in kitchen app ? thx for help in advance!

What are your issues butty? is it with the dialer by any chance?
If so, take the ICS theme off, restore the original dialer from the ROM, then flash the ICS theme

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones