• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Jmz on for CM9-Mission complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
so take a little of topic. what are the issues for the current cm9/cm10 thats so different from the sprint 3d?
An actual dev can correct me if I am wrong, but the issues that apply to EVO 3D CM development are the same issues with EVO V development. I think the last iteration of Devils Toast had Wimax issues, camera issues and no 3D support. Other than that, it seems to be mostly functional. There were some that said that the Anthrax kernel fixed the first two issues, but I never personally tried.

Upvote 0
Its more like I could build cm using stock sense kernel and not have to worry about downgrading. Its what I'm doing with the one v right now. Only bug that I can't fix using stock kernel is Bluetooth. But I'm assuming most have downgraded already so I will just do it the way it has been done. Does the sprint 3d actually have a real built from source cm10 build

Upvote 0
Its more like I could build cm using stock sense kernel and not have to worry about downgrading. Its what I'm doing with the one v right now. Only bug that I can't fix using stock kernel is Bluetooth. But I'm assuming most have downgraded already so I will just do it the way it has been done. Does the sprint 3d actually have a real built from source cm10 build
I guess its not CM10 but its JB on xda. As for Hboot version, I was under the impression that hboot 1.57 will not allow anything other than sense roms. If it can be done on 1.57, then great, it would allow more users access. But I don't know of any non-sense roms that will boot

Upvote 0
I will just keep the same going. I think the real issue with hboot was the ramdisk. I am pretty sure it was a ramdisk issue. That's what I had to change on one v to boot cm10/9 on one v. But any custom kernel is better than stock HTC. So I will just keep to that and downgrade when mine comes in

Upvote 0
I will just keep the same going. I think the real issue with hboot was the ramdisk. I am pretty sure it was a ramdisk issue. That's what I had to change on one v to boot cm10/9 on one v. But any custom kernel is better than stock HTC. So I will just keep to that and downgrade when mine comes in

the downgraded hboot seems to work really well..on the stock hboot 1.57..we could only boot sense or sense based roms..only 3.6 and 4.0 though..when we found out we could downgrade hboot to eng 1.04.. we were able to flash gingerbread roms as well as aosp roms ..and most stock sense roms as well..so we can flash 98% of all roms now as opposed to 25% with the stock 1.57 hboot that came with the phone..and we got to try the cm 10 preview that ageabren made..don't know if it was built from source or if it was a port though..very buggy..but a good insight on the potential of this phone..we don't need to use a stock based kernel sense anthrax came along..it is a universal kernel that works on sense and aosp..overclocked and tons more stuff included..also fixed quite a few bugs wrong with the sprint cm9 rom we were playing with..kinda like how Atyoungs kernels were on the og..well anthrax is deff. the equivalent for the evo v...

i should add that for now cm9 development has stopped on the sprint 3d sense agrbren decided to go with a new phone..it worked pretty well but still had a ways to go in order to make it great like your og builds were back when i use to use em..

Upvote 0
Damn now im thinking about it!

The brick risk is very low if you follow directions. Also, if you mess up the timing you will freakout and think you bricked. You just have to run control bear again and it will go. Its actually pretty hard to perma-brick. My advice is backup your SD card and then run Control bear with the card installed but empty. If it has stuff on it Control bear has to back it up, wipe it, then restore it. It add a lot of time to the process

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones