• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Juice Defender

9301philip

Lurker
May 15, 2011
Im neew to Android applications and android completely. I have a HTC Desire HD , my daughter a HTC Wildfire. We ahve both installed Juice Degfender and it does seem to be doing the trick in saving on battery life. I am however a bit confused about the task bar icon (at top of the Home Screen. It all started witha RED dot on the shield. Mine changed to a GREEN dot for a few days and now has gone back to RED....whiulst I doubt it is not a major issue it is something that once it happensd tends to bug me in not knowing wehat each of the icons means....cant seem to find out on the Juice Defencder web site...someone out ther whoi uses the same Widget application must know...please :thinking:

Go to the Juice Defender status screen and about half way down you'll find an explanation of the dots. They simply refer to the different states of radios/interfaces being enabled or disabled. It's great on my Tbolt as it disables the 4G when the phone screen goes off or it's in my pocket or non peak times. I'm a recent fan of Juice Defender... and I've only installed and enabled it in the balanced profile.

Upvote 0
Im neew to Android applications and android completely. I have a HTC Desire HD , my daughter a HTC Wildfire. We ahve both installed Juice Degfender and it does seem to be doing the trick in saving on battery life. I am however a bit confused about the task bar icon (at top of the Home Screen. It all started witha RED dot on the shield. Mine changed to a GREEN dot for a few days and now has gone back to RED....whiulst I doubt it is not a major issue it is something that once it happensd tends to bug me in not knowing wehat each of the icons means....cant seem to find out on the Juice Defencder web site...someone out ther whoi uses the same Widget application must know...please :thinking:

The green and red dot is the status of juice defender. Normally when the screen is off and you don`t use the phone the application switches off some not currently needed features, for example it switches off your data connection when it is not needed, and some other things. When you turn the screen back on it changes after a while from red to green, that means it is not doing anything at this moment. That depends on how you set up the application.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones