• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just a couple of questions - EVO

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
I don't know if this is the right forum for my questions, but I'm sure this will be appropriately moved if it's not. I rooted my EVO and flashed a ROM that has Launcher Pro installed. While I was playing with the phone I chose for the default launcher to be used. I'd like to change that now and can't find a way to make LP my default launcher.
Second, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe that most or all of the Sense widgets cannot be used while LP is being used. If that's the case, are there alternatives to the bookmarks widget and the Friend Stream widget?
And lastly, can anyone confirm that the EVO has LED colors other than red/orange and green? Those are the only two I've seen.

Thanks.

I don't know if this is the right forum for my questions, but I'm sure this will be appropriately moved if it's not. I rooted my EVO and flashed a ROM that has Launcher Pro installed. While I was playing with the phone I chose for the default launcher to be used. I'd like to change that now and can't find a way to make LP my default launcher.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > LauncherPro

then scroll down to the section "Launch by default" and select it.

Upvote 0
I have done just that but all the selections there are grayed out and cannot select anything. Should I delete and download from the market and install again?

Thanks.

uninstall/reinstall will fix it too. when you press HOME after re-install, it'll allow you to pick a default again.

Or, look for HTC Sense under settings > apps > manage apps and see if you can remove it as the default. Then go make LP the default.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones