• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Just followed instruction on this site to 2.2 - issue Video

HI , Just installed the stock Froyo 2.2 from Orange Eclair 2.1 and am working its kinks. I want to be specific in my query so her it is.

After rooting the sw, the video option is there but when I try to take a video, it force closes on me. Any way I can fix this? BTW, the regular camera works.

ok, i made a reply on my website, but you didn't give all teh info you gave here.

basically you need to buy an unlock code, then you need to flash the original 2.1 rom, then use hte unlock code, then flash the new radio, then the 2.2 rom.

The guide to do this is on my site, under the "If You Have An Orange ROM" section :p http://www.droid-den.com/phone-guid...install-rooted-android-2-2-on-your-htc-desire

if you don't understand fully let us know which bits exactly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones