• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got an Evo...

So I just picked up an Evo to start doing Development. I haven't rooted it or anything. The phone keeps restarting non-stop. I tried a soft reset, then I tried a hard reset, and with nothing on the phone, it's still doing it. Sometimes after a hard reset, it will stay on for a few minutes, then I think it's fixed, but it does it again. I stopped in to Sprint and they tested the battery, but thats all they could do because I don't have an active account with them. Apparently because I'm not the original owner of the device, it's currently out of warranty, so I can't get it serviced with out paying. Does anyone have any ideas at all? If I take the battery out and plug the phone in, should it turn on? Because it doesn't seem to be able to. I love the phone, but I can't use it. Help!

So I just picked up an Evo to start doing Development. I haven't rooted it or anything. The phone keeps restarting non-stop. I tried a soft reset, then I tried a hard reset, and with nothing on the phone, it's still doing it. Sometimes after a hard reset, it will stay on for a few minutes, then I think it's fixed, but it does it again. I stopped in to Sprint and they tested the battery, but thats all they could do because I don't have an active account with them. Apparently because I'm not the original owner of the device, it's currently out of warranty, so I can't get it serviced with out paying. Does anyone have any ideas at all? If I take the battery out and plug the phone in, should it turn on? Because it doesn't seem to be able to. I love the phone, but I can't use it. Help!

what happens if you put battery in, hold down power and volume down? any chance of getting with the person you bought it from?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones