• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got Iphone-want to return it for TB-Release date?

And this is............. What?

screen-shot-2011-02-10-at-2-11-37-pm.png

Upvote 0
I sent a Tweet to @VerizonWireless at noon that said if they wanted to recover from their iPhone dip in their stock, they should release the Bolt. I didn't get an @ reply for some reason. In fact after about 5 tweets first thing in the morning from various VZW stores VZW went missing on Twitter... nowhere to be found. I heard they were cowering in a corner of a Flagship store licking their wounds.

Upvote 0
The date, from everything I have read is the 24th BECAUSE of the 14 day return policy... Good move by Verizon actually, but tough luck for those who were suckered in to the iPhone. Regardless, the restocking fee is $35 -- my brother-in-law is returning his iPhone tomorrow and was quoted that fee.

Please explain how you were "suckered" into the i*hone.
Seriously.

Upvote 0
Please explain how you were "suckered" into the i*hone.
Seriously.

Doesn't Steve Jobs grab you by the wiener and lead you down a dark side street offering you all kinds of empty promises along the way but ultimately you end up passed out and wake up wearing depends all full of blood? ... ... ... $hit I knew I shouldn't have gone to that party...

Upvote 0
I still don't get how moving the date to the 24th or later will prevent people from returning the iPhone to get the Thunderbolt?

Just return the iPhone, activate your old phone you had before you got the iPhone, wait for the Thunderbolt to come out, buy the Thunderbolt...

Am I missing something here?

Well I think most people don't realize the change in return policy from 30 days to 14 days exists, as we all here do.

Plus the majority of iphone sales are generally pre-orders and 1st day sales...the big hype days.

So VZ takes the the day the most iphone sales are on and hopes to wipe out the majority of return.

Just take a look at the dates. Iphone released on the 10th and in 14 days her comes the Thunderbolt on the 24th, but if you wait until the 24th you actually are at 15 day and are expired. I'm sure the clock started ticking for the pre-orders as soon as they shipped. You don't think VZ shipped all the phones by mistake?

Yes, a smart person would not wait until the last minute but most people are procrastinators and they are betting on that.

Upvote 0
Just return the iPhone, activate your old phone you had before you got the iPhone, wait for the Thunderbolt to come out, buy the Thunderbolt...

I think this might impact people who defected from AT&T much more than those who are within Verizon. People who defect from AT&T might expect days of wine and roses. But from what I've read, Verizon's voice lines are much better than AT&T. However, AT&T 3G data speeds are much faster than Verizon's and can do data & voice simultaneously. It's a trade-off. So heavy data user's may end up with buyer's remorse like the OP and wishing for Verizon's LTE speeds with the Thunderbolt and beyond rather than waiting 2 years.

Upvote 0
I still don't get how moving the date to the 24th or later will prevent people from returning the iPhone to get the Thunderbolt?

Am I missing something here?

The TB is not being advertised. the general public has no idea what it is- we are on the forums so we have somewhat inside info. most ppl have no idea whats coming out, they are "just phones".

dig?

Upvote 0
Voice on a Verizon iPhone is clearer and sharper than on AT&T. Even though AT&T is quite a bit faster its actually hard to notice in day to day usage. Being used to voice and data at the same time does make me miss it on Verizon but thats only until June. There will be an LTE iPhone in June.

I think this might impact people who defected from AT&T much more than those who are within Verizon. People who defect from AT&T might expect days of wine and roses. But from what I've read, Verizon's voice lines are much better than AT&T. However, AT&T 3G data speeds are much faster than Verizon's and can do data & voice simultaneously. It's a trade-off. So heavy data user's may end up with buyer's remorse like the OP and wishing for Verizon's LTE speeds with the Thunderbolt and beyond rather than waiting 2 years.

Upvote 0
I think you nailed it.

Well I think most people don't realize the change in return policy from 30 days to 14 days exists, as we all here do.

Plus the majority of iphone sales are generally pre-orders and 1st day sales...the big hype days.

So VZ takes the the day the most iphone sales are on and hopes to wipe out the majority of return.

Just take a look at the dates. Iphone released on the 10th and in 14 days her comes the Thunderbolt on the 24th, but if you wait until the 24th you actually are at 15 day and are expired. I'm sure the clock started ticking for the pre-orders as soon as they shipped. You don't think VZ shipped all the phones by mistake?

Yes, a smart person would not wait until the last minute but most people are procrastinators and they are betting on that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones