• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got of the phone with HTC: Android 2.5 coming after 2.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruben

Android Expert
Dec 20, 2009
Who knows how reliable these phone calls with support reps are, but here is what he said when I called about the HTC sense un-defaulting intself.

Ruben, we are very sorry about this issue and we are aware. I know, it's really annoying. But we are planning on upgrading our snapdragon phones to 2.2 and we are going to wait for this issue to be resolved in 2.5...because Google will be working on 2.5 and we'll wait 'till then.

WHen you hold down the HOME button you get your six most recent apps. But the next time you press home after that it clears the default of HTC sense which means you have to select your launcher again. Incredibly annoying.

are you using a third party launcher? if so, then that's where your issue is.

if not using a third party launcher, then what does the bolded part mean? from the home screen....when i hold the home button it brings up the last 6 apps, if you press the home button immediately after that it shows the leap screen (where you can jump to one of your 7 screens). press home again after that and it takes you back to the home screen.

as for os 2.5 rumor...threads get spammed when you post rumors with no reference. especially so when we haven't even reached the rumor of when the inc will get 2.2. this rumor gets...
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

Upvote 0
are you using a third party launcher? if so, then that's where your issue is.

if not using a third party launcher, then what does the bolded part mean? from the home screen....when i hold the home button it brings up the last 6 apps, if you press the home button immediately after that it shows the leap screen (where you can jump to one of your 7 screens). press home again after that and it takes you back to the home screen.

as for os 2.5 rumor...threads get spammed when you post rumors with no reference. especially so when we haven't even reached the rumor of when the inc will get 2.2. this rumor gets...
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
Now, now. Just sharing info. No need to get all tangled up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones