• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just got of the phone with HTC: Android 2.5 coming after 2.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me throw a little bit of "red" in this thread... the discussion is great, the arguing, and frankly bitching, isn't and will stop immediately or a very swift justice will come to this thread and anyone on it causing trouble. Play nice or go find a new sandbox...fair warning.

<----- goes back to meaningful work but keeps an eye on this thread. :mad:

Upvote 0
WiMax is a 4G radio.

And I was just telling you guys what the guy told me. He was probably wrong. Don't you have other things to do on a Sunday? Yikes

Edit: Thanks. Lesson learned.

Wimax is considered to be a "3.5g" technology.

Actually, for that matter, so is the first iteration of LTE

4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Neither LTE(initial rollout) nor Wimax conform to IMT-Advanced requirements, which means its not true 4g regardless of what they call it.

Wimax is no more 4g than T-mobile's plan to roll out 21mbps HSUPA.

Upvote 0
Wimax is considered to be a "3.5g" technology.

Actually, for that matter, so is the first iteration of LTE

4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Neither LTE(initial rollout) nor Wimax conform to IMT-Advanced requirements, which means its not true 4g regardless of what they call it.

Wimax is no more 4g than T-mobile's plan to roll out 21mbps HSUPA.

Yea its kind of like how today's "N" isn't really "N" its "Draft N" .... 4g isnt really "4g" until everyone in the wireless committee raises their hand and says "yes this is what 4g should be" heh....

Upvote 0
After further meditation i've decided this thread is a complete mess. While there was a bit of good discussion around the Sense behavior the title is misleading and generally a waste. I encourage you to start a new thread to discuss the Sense issue or join a discussion already in progress on the subject but this thread has outlived its usefulness.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones