• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Just got this phone....

Hey guys i was just wondering in order to get this device on special for 99$ i would have to get it with a
new line ? Or can i just keep my old phone number ?

If you haven't been with them for more than 90 days and you doing a upgrade then I recommend you getting a new number... Me and my wife was on a family plan paying 110 I tried to go get my zmax for a upgrade I had only been with them for 2 and a half month and they were trying to get me to pay 200 so I went to another Metro Pcs and cancel the family plan and got a new number and got for 99 my wife's bill also went down 4 dollars... So if you have been with them for more then 3 months then your in the clear and you can upgrade without paying 200

Reactions: mrrom
Upvote 0
If you haven't been with them for more than 90 days and you doing a upgrade then I recommend you getting a new number... Me and my wife was on a family plan paying 110 I tried to go get my zmax for a upgrade I had only been with them for 2 and a half month and they were trying to get me to pay 200 so I went to another Metro Pcs and cancel the family plan and got a new number and got for 99 my wife's bill also went down 4 dollars... So if you have been with them for more then 3 months then your in the clear and you can upgrade without paying 200

Hmm i been with them for like 2months so i guess its okay to get a new number thanks :)

Upvote 0
Finally got one!
After a month of searching, I found a store that had them in stock.
When I get there, the sales rep tries to charge me full price.
I told him that was incorrect and he told me "don't tell me my job" etc.
After about 5 minutes of back and forth, I talk to the Manager, show him the Metro web site and also the FB Messenger thread I had with a MPCS rep verifying the $99 price.
Manager sells me the Zmax for $99, $122.xx out the door.

Love the device. Fast, fits well in my hand, pics and vids look great, etc....
Couldn't be happier.
On top of that, since the dick at the MPCS store gave me static, MPCS rep on FB gave me a $50 credit towards my monthly bill.
Since I couldn't keep the $30 promo plan I've had for 3 years, I upgraded to the $50 a month unlimited data plan.

I get about 35 MBPS on Data and on one server on Broadband, I got over 100 MBPS!
There are some things about 4.4.4 that I don't like, but overall I'm very happy with this device, especially the cost.

I have a phone case on order and it should arrive on Monday. ( My Birthday!)
Now all we need is Root!

Oh yeah, my Brother feels dumb for paying $500+ for his Sammy 5 after seeing the Zmax, not to mention he's locked in a contract and pays something like $300 a month for 4 devices.

Reactions: ViZuNaRy
Upvote 0
Hey guys i was just wondering in order to get this device on special for 99$ i would have to get it with a
new line ? Or can i just keep my old phone number ?

Like he said if you haven't gotten a new device within the last 90 days then you're good to go. Also, right now they have add a line get a free phone so I grabbed a Sammy Galaxy Light for free as a backup to an unlocked Note 2 that I brought from AT&T. Both lines unlimited everything for $80, AT&T can pitch a tent. :p

Reactions: mrrom
Upvote 0
I've had this device for about 4 weeks now and it no longer seems "huge"
OTOH, my old LG Spirit with a 4.5" screen sees miniscule -- I can never go back to a smaller screen.

The Z has a few minor bugs, but they are more of the "Look & Feel" type of issues, not "Functionality" issues and I can live with them, especially for $99 ($122.xx out the door after activation and taxes.)

Perhaps a firmware update will address these minor issues.

Also, I highly recommend installed "Open Camera" from the Play Store. It will greatly improve your pics and vids and no ads!

I would gladly pay for this app, but it's free!

I found this to be the best camera app on the PS

Also had a problem with MP3 playback skipping and stopping. Resolved by downloading "MP3 Player" from "Accountstudio" on the Play Store.

I'm also using Nova Launcher to fit 20 Icons per screen page. It seemed like a waste of screen real estate that without a Launcher, you could only fit 16 Icons.

This is by far the best bang-for-the-buck device on the market.

Get one while you can at this price!

BTW, no Root as of yet, but they are working on it at XDA

I can live without Root for the price I paid for this device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones