• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just sent this letter to Sprint.

50 bucks.. that sounds good. I might be interested in that. How much longer is left on your contract?

I'm eligible for an upgrade in November but I wont have any LTE service in my area so Im really debating should I pull the trigger and upgrade or just wait. It's hard coming to the forum and seeing folks reviews that are happy with their device plus the camera pictures just make it more tempting.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
I'm eligible for an upgrade in November but I wont have any LTE service in my area so Im really debating should I pull the trigger and upgrade or just wait. It's hard coming to the forum and seeing folks reviews that are happy with their device plus the camera pictures just make it more tempting.

Thanks. BTW, it looks like the deal they offered you is better then the program they are rumored to implement next week. So, ya might wanna make your decision soon. This is what I found at InsideSprintNow
“Early Upgrade Buy Up” replaced by “Upgrade Now”

Upvote 0
Interesting. When i dropped one of my line back in April to go to AT&T to get the Samsung Galaxy Note, i received an email from Dan (or at least his office). I wrote back in detail why i was leaving but did say that my other three lines are still with Sprint and that once they get the Note or the Note 2 that i will be back. I should have just said the same thing Iowa said. maybe they would have given me an early upgrade as well.

Oh well, thats' life. :D

I haven't really experienced any slow down in NYC until last week, and yet, I get a very good signal using the Tri-Fi hotspot. True, its not LTE and if Sprints LTE is anything like AT&Ts here in the city, I will be very happy. So far the documentation on s4gru shows that Sprint is upgrading their towers at a fast pace, the end of the year looks like forever here in NYC.

TS

Upvote 0
UPDATE:

So Sprint made right by me, and allowed me to upgrade early. I picked up the LTEvo and I couldn't be happier. 3G speed has SKYROCKETED on this thing.

Check it out.

Each and every test is taken on 3G!

I23Q3.png

I hope you tested the speed through your phone provider and not through wifi as indicated on your screenshot. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones