1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

just show me the way

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cornelljdavis, Jan 2, 2013.

1. cornelljdavis

cornelljdavis Well-Known Member

i lost root by flashing a complete stock Rom instead of stocked rooted one accidently. my bootloader is still unlocked so I can still root it. only thing is I can't flash the stock root in hboot because my version to old. same goes for cwm version to old. some people were kind enough to tell Mr to. hange the version number under android into txt and when I do it don't save. it'll only save if I had read and write permissions. so I tried a desktop and when I did change it said some was bad so it didn't save either. I know its a way for me to downgrade the hboot without using the tool you need to be rooted for. :Dsomeone just show me the way and I'll learn from it for sure

2. cornelljdavis

yeah I have I have read it like 5-10 slowly and the first half is a root method which I can't use since I can't get root and the bottom half I can't get to work because when I change the manvier number it doesn't save so when I flash it in hboot I get the version to old error.

3. legmando33

legmando33 Android Enthusiast

Does that happen with cwm through hboot?

4. cornelljdavis

yup. I can't get cwm without having hboot version downgraded, so without cwm I can't get root to downgrade the hboot to get root. its like I need one to do the other but can't get one to get the other to work.

5. legmando33

What carrier are you on so I can help you.

6. cornelljdavis

boost mobile. I just tried again to change the manvier number and it didn't save instead made a separate folder with just the change to android info txt alone in it

7. legmando33

8. cornelljdavis

umma check it out. stay stunned I reply instantly when I can

9. legmando33

Alright, good luck. =)

10. ugelvidg

ugelvidg Newbie

Does anyone here still have that stock ROM file?

11. Shooozs

Shooozs Newbie

Try downloading super user, see if you get root.

HTC EVO Design Forum

The HTC EVO Design release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews