• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keep losing mobile network

Today I have noticed that almost every text I try to send fails. And my phone tells me that I'm not connected to a mobile network. It seems to be connecting/disconnecting while I'm at home and at times in the same spot for awhile. Just wondering if anyone knows what the issue might be.

I'm not sure if I'm well within the coverage area. I do live in an apartment building but have no idea what anyone else has. I do know that when I had Verizon I never had an issue. I've only had Virgin for a week and this issue just started last night. I called them and they said I need to turn off my wifi...I did but it's still in and out of service. I'm already thinking of switching to another carrier.

Upvote 0
I am having this issue as well. Just started this morning. The signal is 4-5 bars of 4G and then randomly goes to nothing. then comes back. Really annoying. Tried updating the PRL, Profile and firmware. The other wierd thing that is happening is that my notification bar alarm and vibrate mode icon keep disappearing and reappearing as well.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure where you guys are, but I'm in B'ham Alabama. I can tell you that I have had the same problems where I live. At work I'm fine. But at home, only 1 bar or no service at all. This has been going on for 5 days now. Virgin Mobile says there is a critical failure in my area. All I know is that they better get it working pretty fast. It's my only phone. Coudn't even order Pizza Monday night. Had to drive up the road.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones