• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep POP3 email on device after deleteing from server?

R_Andersen

Lurker
Nov 13, 2009
I have two pop3 email accounts set up on the Driod and I'm wondering if there is a way to set it so the last 30 days or so of emails are saved on the droid, even after dowloading them at home and deleting them from the server?

Right now, the droid only shows email that is still sitting on the server. On the BB i had, it used to download a copy of all pop3 email to the device and the copy would stay there unless i manually deleted in on the BB.

Thanks,
Rob

I have two pop3 email accounts set up on the Driod and I'm wondering if there is a way to set it so the last 30 days or so of emails are saved on the droid, even after dowloading them at home and deleting them from the server?

Right now, the droid only shows email that is still sitting on the server. On the BB i had, it used to download a copy of all pop3 email to the device and the copy would stay there unless i manually deleted in on the BB.

Thanks,
Rob

Are you deleting the messages from the server, and then seeing them gone on the DROID? Which email app are you using? If I understand correctly, you want to be able to "delete from server, after the DROID has its copy, and still have the copy on the DROID?"

Upvote 0
Yeah, I deleted messages from my Hotmail account, online, and when the phone sync'd, the phone copies were purged as well. I thought there was a "move" option, for POP3 but I can't see a way of doing it, even with K-9 Mail's folder sync options. Once you sync, if the message isn't there, its gone from the phone.

Gmail has an "Archive" feature built-in, but you can't get it to setup a POP3 account. I guess you could just setup a forward rule to gmail, then archive it there?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones