• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DasXero

Jul 29, 2011
My Samsung Galaxy Prevail is a little over a week old, and after 3-4 days of having it I had rooted it, and put Shabbymod 0.9-Loaded on it, than I did a Factory Restore, as recommended. But during the little time it was unrooted, it frooze too, but infrequently. Now it has gotten to the point where whenever I want to use it again I have to pull the battery.

What happens is I press the power button, the screen flashes on, but the touch screen doesn't work. My Live Wallpaper still moves, etc. But I can't touch anything.

Also I have woken up to my phone shut off when I had kept it on, idk if that is relevant or not.

My Samsung Galaxy Prevail is a little over a week old, and after 3-4 days of having it I had rooted it, and put Shabbymod 0.9-Loaded on it, than I did a Factory Restore, as recommended. But during the little time it was unrooted, it frooze too, but infrequently. Now it has gotten to the point where whenever I want to use it again I have to pull the battery.

What happens is I press the power button, the screen flashes on, but the touch screen doesn't work. My Live Wallpaper still moves, etc. But I can't touch anything.

Also I have woken up to my phone shut off when I had kept it on, idk if that is relevant or not.
honestly sounds like a hardware problem, but I dont know, you could use odin and put factory unrooted and take it back, see if it is hardware defect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones