1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Keeps Freezing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DasXero, Aug 3, 2011.

1. DasXero

DasXero Member
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    My Samsung Galaxy Prevail is a little over a week old, and after 3-4 days of having it I had rooted it, and put Shabbymod 0.9-Loaded on it, than I did a Factory Restore, as recommended. But during the little time it was unrooted, it frooze too, but infrequently. Now it has gotten to the point where whenever I want to use it again I have to pull the battery.

What happens is I press the power button, the screen flashes on, but the touch screen doesn't work. My Live Wallpaper still moves, etc. But I can't touch anything.

Also I have woken up to my phone shut off when I had kept it on, idk if that is relevant or not.

Advertisement

2. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    honestly sounds like a hardware problem, but I dont know, you could use odin and put factory unrooted and take it back, see if it is hardware defect.

3. DasXero

DasXero Member
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    I was gonna go back restore it back unrooted with Odin, than do a factory reset, than format the sd card, root it, than put Shabbymod 0.9 back on, do another factory reset, and another sd card format. See if that helps at all.