• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][Linaro] Zippy V2.2 {UPDATED 9/27/14}

Ok, after flashing zippy, I had no battery life, same when I went back to stock. Went back to CWMR and flashed stock then zippy directly after before leaving recovery. I am now only using SetCPU for my CPU, governor, and scheduler settings and all is working well, including battery life. I should mention after reflashing both, I cleared all app data and cache for any app I used at any time for my CPU settings, in the phone settings not in recovery, before I opened any of them. Still don't know why I was eating through battery unless the Performance app, SetCPU, and any other apps I had previously used for those settings were conflicting.

Upvote 0
I flashed the Zippy kernel, then went back to the stock one, due to battery life. I would get almost a solid 24 hours of heavy use before I flashed that kernel, now even with the stock one back, battery life still sucks. Can't even get 10 hours of minor usage.

Same here -__-. any way to remover performance control? I think this is what's killing my battery.

what i did was flash stock A first, than zippy. than reboot. went to my SetCPU app clocked it & set the Governs & Sheduler. & works fine.

I did this and still nothing, I don't see SetCpu at all.

This is what i got after downloading, removing, and doing it all again. Not seeing kernel on here.

Same here.

Your download must have either gotten corrupt or was incomplete. Just re-download it. Same thing happened to me and that's how I fixed it. :thumbup: ;)

I did this multiple times and nothing, lol.

Same here, stock is 3.4,0+ I believe.

Mine says 3.4.0

Upvote 0
Same here -__-. any way to remover performance control? I think this is what's killing my battery.

I did this and still nothing, I don't see SetCpu at all.

Same here.

I did this multiple times and nothing, lol.

Mine says 3.4.0

I personally use Rom Toolbox to remove apps.
Set CPU is a paid app, you have to buy it.
If your kernel does not have + at the end, you should be good. Does CWMR show the kernel being flashed? There has to be somewhere in the phone or another app like SetCPU that'll show the kernel info.

Reactions: Marty_Since87
Upvote 0
I personally use Rom Toolbox to remove apps.
Set CPU is a paid app, you have to buy it.
If your kernel does not have + at the end, you should be good. Does CWMR show the kernel being flashed? There has to be somewhere in the phone or another app like SetCPU that'll show the kernel info.

Is setcpu, better than performance tool? I uninstalled performance tool thanks.

There's an app for free in the Play Store named Info created by Nag. It'll show kernel info for anyone not sure if the they have Zippy flashed or not.

I'll upload a pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-25-18-31-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-25-18-31-38.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My battery went down to 0% after I had charged it last night and then unplugged it and went to bed. when I got up I tried to power on but it was completely shut off, so I thought maybe I did turn it off before I went to bed last night. But after trying to start up and having it shut down immediatley did I notice that my battery was showing 0% charge so it wouldn't do anything but shut down.

After hooking up to the charger i came back on these forums to see if anyone else was having problems and it looks like most people are. I've tried to flash the stock kernal with the A set up but no matter how many times i flash it it still shows up as the B version. It also shows kernal version as 3.4.0+.

Reflashing Zippy now to see if any differances show up. The only difference is that the kernal is now showing as 3.4.0 without the plus symbol. So I guess this the only noticeable differance between the two of them is the plus symbol, both versions show up as KOT49I.MS32310b So I guess my real question now is does this phone actually get reset to version a or is it all b.s. and we are locked into version b no matter what we flash. The only real difference is the + symbol and not the a or b.

But no matter what all I want to do is get the best set up possible so i'll also keep trying differant set ups.

Upvote 0
^^^^^^^^SetCPU is a paid app that i used on my LG Esteem. my kernel version show as follow - 3.4.0 my wife & daughters shows with a + @ the end. theirs are only rooted.
My kernel shows the same, 3.4.0 no + at the end.

What phone is that pic from a Note?

Whoops, lol. I meant to post from my L70. It says I have zippy kernel installed. I just need a good setup so my battery won't die so fast.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-25-19-52-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-25-19-52-03.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
MartyMar where did you go to get that screen showing info app? see if mine looks like your setup.
this is mine using SetCPU:
8zk0eo.png

I downloaded the info app by NAG. After I installed it I tapped on the OS section and that info was displayed.

I'll post what I get from SetCPU after I download it. I'm not home right now so I'm using my phone to post. My responses might be delayed.

Reactions: intrdrgn
Upvote 0
I downloaded the info app by NAG. After I installed it I tapped on the OS section and that info was displayed.

I'll post what I get from SetCPU after I download it. I'm not home right now so I'm using my phone to post. My responses might be delayed.

Those previous links I posted shows my phone info, one from SetCPU one from Info.
Check your personal messages...

Upvote 0
Ok, intrdrgn. I have SetCpu installed and I have the same results as you.
i have mine setup like this: Govern: intelliactive
Sched: noop
MHz max:1190
MHz min: 600
hit check mark Set on Boot, reboot phone just to make sure your phone stays with settings & you should be good. with this setup, i notice the difference when i plugged my phone to charge, before it tookalmost 8.5 hours to fully charge. now is good.

Upvote 0
hit check mark Set on Boot, reboot phone just to make sure your phone stays with settings & you should be good. with this setup, i notice the difference when i plugged my phone to charge, before it tookalmost 8.5 hours to fully charge. now is good.

Thanks, I'll try these out. I'll give it a "test" tomorrow to see how it works out.

My settings in SetCPU

Thanks, I'll try this out also.

Upvote 0
Lol, I posted those settings in XDA. It's exactly what I use, except I let it scale down to 300 :p
Edit: also you guys MUST USE the app that came with the kernel. Why? Because if you scroll the app to the right, you will see settings made for this specific processor. intelliplug should be enabled. If it isn't, you will have issues. Reboot after enabling.
Here is my post from XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=55038960

Ignore what it says about mpdecision, I forgot the zip already deletes that.

Edit: some more settings
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=55056903

Upvote 0
Lol, I posted those settings in XDA. It's exactly what I use, except I let it scale down to 300 :p
Edit: also you guys MUST USE the app that came with the kernel. Why? Because if you scroll the app to the right, you will see settings made for this specific processor. intelliplug should be enabled. If it isn't, you will have issues. Reboot after enabling.
Here is my post from XDA:
USA Metro PCS LG L70 - Pg. 133 | Android | XDA Forum

Ignore what it says about mpdecision, I forgot the zip already deletes that.

Edit: some more settings
USA Metro PCS LG L70 - Pg. 135 | Android | XDA Forum

Thanks, good thing the apk to performance tool is in the zip file I can just install it via es file explorer.

Upvote 0
For those who don't want to click on Sammyz link :p :
To those complaining that the kernel drains battery:

With the following settings I have unplugged my phone at 10PM and woke up with 100%:

01db1b041d5ed1d35b2d7696d4002857.jpg

b3fce9bcdd01d04dc5c8ce3d5fc6b4b5.jpg

MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK MPDECISION. MPDECISION IS YOUR GUYS MAIN PROBLEM. I deleted the bin file (/system/bin/mpdecision) so it doesn't show up in my settings.

Make sure you set on boot and reboot after enabling intelliplug.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

My brightness is at 80%
I woke up at 7AM started using it for a good 30 minutes at 80% brightness: here is my stats
9cc56a84ff09cd79dc48894b1801c314.jpg
5dd9c73a93dcf7dd8c09fe99bb81217c.jpg
de99b31088feeeb6242fa3327f7e5159.jpg

Additional Performance control settings I found this morning that make it feel even faster:
2948ff503cc1007cda819105d903a803.jpg

KSM Settings:
582678cb311abce61033e7b4e6152046.jpg

VRAM Settings:
2d246bd62ab2201ee75a3507cfcc666e.jpg

Clash of Clans plays without lag after these settings were applied and a reboot was done.

After I installed the APK all the options you said to select were already seclected ^_^ I didn't see MPDECISION, I even looked for it via (/system/bin/mpdecision) like you said but didn't find it. Maybe my multi core powersaving was on o_O? lol. Either way thanks Sammyz.

Upvote 0
For those who don't want to click on Sammyz link:

After I installed the APK all the options you said to select were already seclected ^_^ I didn't see MPDECISION, I even looked for it via (/system/bin/mpdecision) like you said but didn't find it. Maybe my multi core powersaving was on o_O? lol. Either way thanks Sammyz
If you look in further posts, I said forget about mpdecision. Also the zip chevan posted installs performance control.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones