• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL] MiRaGe - SPH-M950/icon optimized for stock JB MD6/MI2 - 10222013

Upvote 0
Awesome kernel mod!!!! My Reverb is 2x faster than what it was when i first rooted it!! the react time time is nothing and the smoothness is AWESOME!! I got scared at first bc i though my phone had bricked bc it wouldnt fully boot, but then it did. it froze for a couple seconds, but when i rebooted it, it was smooth like never before. Thank you so much!!

Reactions: mrg666
Upvote 0
Hello! I haven't been here in a long time because everything's been going really smoothly. (Well, the now-rare "touchscreen freeze" that I've decided isn't worth making a fuss about and could very well be related to running a high-demand app like The Simpsons Tapped Out.)

Anyhow, I'm troubleshooting an issue I'm having with installing a *cough* certain app: Sometimes it will give me a "parsing error" and abort the installation process before it begins, sometimes it will install but tell me my "device is full" (even though it isn't). It occurred to me to wonder if there were any updates here, on the off chance that my setup is at all relevant.

Right now, my "About Device" says:
Model number
SPH-M950
Android version
Baseband version
M950VPBMI2
Kernel version
3.0.101-MiRaGe
mirage@aurora #1
Tue Oct 22 17:41:23 EDT 2013
Build number
JZO54K.M950VPBMI2
Hardware version
M950.07

Thank you.

Upvote 0
Hey Shy;
I haven't been here in a while either; mainly because I've moved to the Moto G (WONDERFUL phone, btw).

As far as I know, mrg666 has stopped updating/developing for this kernel some time ago.
Superboy4444 still had the phone...until recently; so further development is going to be at his whim. But he does check in here from time to time, so who knows, maybe he'd try and put you something together to see if it'd alleviate the grief you're experiencing w/the phone.
Other than that, I'd recommend not using the 'app' in question, if it's not an absolute necessity...

Sorry to be a killjoy.. :s:

Peace,
Sox

Upvote 0
Hey Shy;
I haven't been here in a while either; mainly because I've moved to the Moto G (WONDERFUL phone, btw).

As far as I know, mrg666 has stopped updating/developing for this kernel some time ago.
Superboy4444 still had the phone...until recently; so further development is going to be at his whim. But he does check in here from time to time, so who knows, maybe he'd try and put you something together to see if it'd alleviate the grief you're experiencing w/the phone.
Other than that, I'd recommend not using the 'app' in question, if it's not an absolute necessity...

Sorry to be a killjoy.. :s:

It also appears that you have the last version that mrg666 posted...

That's cool. I suspected as much, given how quiet my inbox has been with regard to this thread. But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks. :)

(Tell me about the Moto G by the way! Specs?)

Upvote 0
Hello! I haven't been here in a long time because everything's been going really smoothly. (Well, the now-rare "touchscreen freeze" that I've decided isn't worth making a fuss about and could very well be related to running a high-demand app like The Simpsons Tapped Out.)

Anyhow, I'm troubleshooting an issue I'm having with installing a *cough* certain app: Sometimes it will give me a "parsing error" and abort the installation process before it begins, sometimes it will install but tell me my "device is full" (even though it isn't). It occurred to me to wonder if there were any updates here, on the off chance that my setup is at all relevant.

Right now, my "About Device" says:
Model number
SPH-M950
Android version
Baseband version
M950VPBMI2
Kernel version
3.0.101-MiRaGe
mirage@aurora #1
Tue Oct 22 17:41:23 EDT 2013
Build number
JZO54K.M950VPBMI2
Hardware version
M950.07

Thank you.

I would try wiping cache/dalvik-cache in the recovery. It seems that one or both of those partitions need cleaning. Recharge before doing that since reboot will take long while dalvik-cache is rebuilt. I am not updating the kernel since I don't have the device anymore.

Reactions: soxtober05
Upvote 0
I would try wiping cache/dalvik-cache in the recovery. It seems that one or both of those partitions need cleaning. Recharge before doing that since reboot will take long while dalvik-cache is rebuilt. I am not updating the kernel since I don't have the device anymore.

Wow, thanks for the reply! I'll try that when I get a chance. Will I need to back anything up first?

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Welp, I tried that, although once in recovery all I could see was the Wipe Cache option, couldn't find anything about dalvik-cache. Didn't take very long, but it reported the operation successful. According to the Storage Info tab in Link2SD Plus, my /cache directory is using 9.24MB of 542MB (98% free). And yet I'm still running into the same problem: It launches, makes me think it's going to work, then pops up a message that says I don't have enough room.

So there are a few possibilities:
  1. It didn't work.
  2. I somehow missed the "Clear Dalvik-Cache" option and that's what I need to do.
  3. My problem is unrelated to any of this, because a different version of the same app ( :angel: ) works just fine, no issues at all. :dontknow:
Thanks...
~shy~

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones