• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Keyboard Help

Hey, I posted just above for ya, and edited in an answer. I just made the post before you made yours, and edited after, so I am posting to make sure you see what I added, in case you need it. :)

Thanks for the steps, I'll have to try that tomorrow morning. I found this on the XDA site, capability of replacing the Touchwiz that should be better, anyway I finally rooted my phone but i'm having problems using adb shell, i can connect as a su (super user) but then i can't push anything to replace the original .apk file. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the steps, I'll have to try that tomorrow morning. I found this on the XDA site, capability of replacing the Touchwiz that should be better, anyway I finally rooted my phone but i'm having problems using adb shell, i can connect as a su (super user) but then i can't push anything to replace the original .apk file. Any ideas?

I always just used root explorer for that. Copy apk to SD card. Use root explorer to change to R/W. Copy, rename, paste, delete. Whatever you need. Even install APKs with it.

Reactions: bezerk19
Upvote 0
+1 on root explorer. I like adb, but generally speaking if it can be done in root explorer I do it that way.

Long-press copy/paste/rename/etc. on a responsive hi-res screen that fits in the palm of your hand ... (man we are spoiled these days) Yeah, doing this on your phone is really fast and easy.

And I just push files wirelessly via bluetooth to my phone from my laptop. Stuff goes fast and then I just load it with root explorer, just like the new boot animation I just installed.

Upvote 0
dont use the apk from your incredible, the dxkb is modded from phone to phone....use this one from xda modded for the sf

Multi-Touch Keyboard - xda-developers

Well I finally rooted my phone, installed the CWMrecovery, installed the multi-touch keyboard, and unfortunately it wasn't the keyboard I expected :-( I thought this was the Droid X keyboard (similar to what was being made available to the Incredible), this looks more like the stock keyboard for the Incredible, which I never really liked. The main difference I noticed with the DX keyboard that was ported to the Inc, was it had the capability of easily switching between languages by swiping the space bar. I think the problem is this phone, I don't think it has that type of capability like the Incredible had, which allowed you to switch between languages.

Unless you guys know how to do that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones