• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keyboard Notification

lfc_wiggo

Lurker
Dec 19, 2012
Hi all

I downloaded and installed an update yesterday, so my phone is now:

Android version 4.1.1
HTC Sense version 4+
Software number: 3.14.401.27
HTC SDK API Level: 4.63
HTC Extension version: Sense45_1

Ever since the the update, the Keyboard Notification icon comes on whenever I use the keyboard. I've tried various keyboards, set it all up properly and it wont go away.

Anyone have any idea how I can cure it please?

And also, can anyone tell me whether I have the JB update please? I'm not too sure whether I have lol.

Many thanks guys :)

Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Do you mean the keyboard notification in the notification bar? That allows you to switch between different keyboards (swipe into the notification bar and it'll let you pick your input method) , that should be there.

And, since you're on android 4.1.1, yes you have JB

Upvote 0
Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Do you mean the keyboard notification in the notification bar? That allows you to switch between different keyboards (swipe into the notification bar and it'll let you pick your input method) , that should be there.

And, since you're on android 4.1.1, yes you have JB

Hi and thanks.

Yeah in the notification bar.

If its a new feature within jb, then fair enough. Just thought I may of had a bug or something.

Oh and I thought the layout would be different with jb. Never mind lol.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Hi and thanks.

Yeah in the notification bar.

If its a new feature within jb, then fair enough. Just thought I may of had a bug or something.

Oh and I thought the layout would be different with jb. Never mind lol.

Thanks again

I see the notification in ICS, but I also have a bunch of different keyboards I switch between. I think you get more layout options in the keyboard settings themselves.

Upvote 0
So am I stuck with the notification then?

When I drag the notification bar down, it says select input method. Which leads me to believe it's a bug.

That's exactly what mine says. It's not a bug. It's a way to quickly switch between input methods (aka mostly keyboards) while typing. And yes you're stuck with it, but it doesn't really bug me since it only shows up when I have a keyboard open

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones