• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Keyboard options?

Ufkal

May 11, 2010
St. Louis..
Ok , so I'm running the SkyRaider 3.0 3.0 Vanilla RC3 Rom with the King#4 Kernal. I like it, but the battery is sucking. Anyway. I'm think I am going to rom back over to ShadowRom, which I enjoy and got decent batterylife, and the facebook pictures thing worked yesterday.

Anyhoo. The question is about the keyboards. For whatever reason (my fingers/thumbs really like the keyboard and predictive text that comes with stock and in SkyRaider. How can I get that keyboard over to ShadowRom? Is there an apk or something?

Thanks for any help!

Ok , so I'm running the SkyRaider 3.0 3.0 Vanilla RC3 Rom with the King#4 Kernal. I like it, but the battery is sucking. Anyway. I'm think I am going to rom back over to ShadowRom, which I enjoy and got decent batterylife, and the facebook pictures thing worked yesterday.

Anyhoo. The question is about the keyboards. For whatever reason (my fingers/thumbs really like the keyboard and predictive text that comes with stock and in SkyRaider. How can I get that keyboard over to ShadowRom? Is there an apk or something?

Thanks for any help!

I used the HTC_IME keyboard in CM6 and it worked like a champ. Same as stock only with more options.

[MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers

In first post, scroll down to Hi Res version for Froyo and install instructs are right underneath that. Haven't verified it on ShadowRom but I'm guessing it'll be a go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones