• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need to wipe rooted Incredible with CM10 and Goo.im?

oppendroid

Mar 14, 2010
Upstate NY
It has been a VERY long time since I've done anything with my Incredible. I would like to wipe my personal info to give the phone to a friend or donate it.

I cannot seem to do a factory reset . . . it sends me to HBoot and then it freezes and I have to pull the battery.

This is the info from my About Phone section:

Model number: ADR6300
Android version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: 2.15.00.07.28
Kernel version: 2.6.38.8-incredikernel-jb drew@tinster #2 Tue Dec 25 18:52:18 EST 2012
CyanogenMod version: 10-20121225-TINY-inc
Build number: cm_inc_userdebug 4.1.2 JZO54K eng.drew.20121225.184855 test-keys

I know that I followed the instructions on this forum several years ago to obtain s -off and install the rom and the kernel.

I have Goo.im installed but it's not working at all and from what I can tell, it doesn't exist any longer.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm comfortable working with ADB and the shell commands so whatever ideas you have, I'm willing to give it a try. I just can't piece it together on my own for some reason.

Thanks much!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones