• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help keyboard wont show at screenlock

V

Van Ningel

Ive seriusly messed up my gf's tablet xO... The device is a Samsung gt n5110with android 4.1.2, i installed sixaxis controller and set an option called "input method" as "sixaxis" wich enables the ps3 joystick and disables the virtual keyboard, no problem there.... until the device was locked... The screenlock needs a password to be TYPED AND THE KEYBOARD DOES NOT APPEAR, so i cant get to any menu to change back this setting. The tablet is rooted and has a custom recovery.
Btw my gf has critical info from her university saved on the device... so
.- Is there a way to change back the input method?
.- will a fisical otg keyboard work?
.- if there is no solution, can i retrieve the info from a backup file?
.- will a factory reset erase any missconfiguration?
any help will keep me from being single xDD

You can boot into safe mode and then see if you can uninstall what that input method. Here is a guide on entering safe mode. Regarding the back up, I guess it would depend on what the information is. A factory reset will remove all the apps you downloaded plus user data. You can also either change the input method via ADB or remove whatever applications are causing the issue(Requires that usb debugging to be enabled and a computer).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones