1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips kickstand cover

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by please help, Sep 22, 2011.

1. please help

please help Newbie
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Has anybody purchesd this cover and if so how do you like it. Is it grippy at all. Does it bulk up the phone too much?
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. HotInEER

HotInEER Member
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    I purchased it when I got my phone and I love it. The phone is so thin that this case does not add much bulk to it. I like the kickstand also, I came from OG Evo so the kickstand was a must for me. I like the black carbon look and it's easier to grip with the case. About the only knock I have if its a knock at all is the bottom of the case sticks a little bit out at the very bottom, it does add maybe slight protection for the bottom of the phone, but the plastic is a little rough and sometimes when I hold the phone I rest it on my pinky, and it does irritate the skin a little, i'm getting more use to it, but I though it was worth mentioning.

3. xxINFIDELxx

xxINFIDELxx Well-Known Member
    None

May 25, 2010
    I bought one just to have a case on it until something from otterbox or preferably Ballistic comes out. I need a more rugged case. It does have a little "sticky" feel to it, I think it's made from vinyl AKA pleather. It's a nice case if you pocket your phone I lucked out and mine's not as sharp around the edges as some have confessed to. To knock off the rough edge maybe try a 600 grit sand paper of even a dremal with a polishing wheel.

4. mmark27

mmark27 Newbie
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    I was looking at this too as I was an Evo user that loved my kick stand, BUT I also want that car dock (not yet released) for it and I am betting the car dock won't allow the room for that kickstand cover. Toss up which I'd use more.

5. HotInEER

HotInEER Member
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    Probably will not, it would be nice if it does.

6. Stumper

Stumper Newbie
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    Technical Trainer & Network Engineer
    Utah
    I also came from the EVO 4G and had the kickstand, but I never found myself "needing" the kickstand. It was always more of a novelty to me and I rarely used it. I travel for work as well and use my phone on the plane and just didn't like it sitting way down on the tray-table anyways. That is just my opinion so I don't think I would get this case, however it is nice to hear it is well built!

7. DataHawg

DataHawg Lurker
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    I probably wouldn't have bought this case but I got the 25% discount on it so I tried it. I like it except that it's hard to feel the volume rockers with your thumb because they are right up close to the case. I think I would prefer a softer case as well but I didn't like the silicone ones they had at the Sprint Store with the light purple back. UGLY IMHO.

8. johnkim575

johnkim575 Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    great case so far. Coming from the evo 4g I appreciate the kick stand more than I thought.

9. LoveMyPhone

LoveMyPhone Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Retail Manager
    Hendersonville, NC
    Has anyone tried to remove this kickstand from this case and "clip" it on the naked phone itself? Just had that thought today as I was looking at the case at my local Sprint store.
    Might have to try it myself, but I didn't want to pay Sprint's price for it if all I end up doing is tearing it up! ;)

10. timmyhawk1983

timmyhawk1983 Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    Hagerstown, Md
    i got my kickstand case off EBAY for 19.99/free shipping ... AND got a free micro usb cable with it .... same one at the sprint store

11. M5Rahul

M5Rahul Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2010
    DFW TX
    Linky plz :)

12. timmyhawk1983

timmyhawk1983 Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    Hagerstown, Md
  13. M5Rahul

M5Rahul Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2010
    DFW TX

Thanks a lot!!! :D Looks neat... I might get this and maybe slap on an invisible shield on the glass... And yea, from the pics, it could use some sanding around the volume/pwr button...

Does the micro usb cable charge too, or is it only data capable ? Thanks again!

14. timmyhawk1983

timmyhawk1983 Newbie
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    Hagerstown, Md
    it charges .. its the same as your cable that came with the phone .. it comes with a ferrite core on the connection side ... or atleast mine did

15. vr6heathen

vr6heathen Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    I bought this case as well and I love it. I hated the phone without a case, the back cover felt very slippery and almost like my hands were wet when holding it for a few min. this case adds a few mm of thickness but i like it, and the phone feels a little heftier now which is a good thing.