• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories KiDiGi Desktop Dock w/ 2nd Battery Charger

HKD

May 20, 2010
Boston
Not sure how new this product is, but I haven't seen anyone post about it yet.

m_883881356057.png

m_991666487542.png

m_114609361522.png

Here's the manufacturer's page:
HTC EVO 4G 2nd Battery cradle

Here's the eBay page that sells it for $20 shipped:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140463895263
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140478601582

EDIT: can't get the links to work right because it adds "amp;" after the "&" in the URL.

They've already sold over 100 of these, so I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread about it yet. I just ordered mine yesterday, and it shipped today with a USPS tracking number. I like the idea of a second battery charging on my dock, and I don't need the HDMI out that the OEM dock has.

This came in the mail yesterday. It's absolutely perfect for anyone who doesn't use a case or an extended battery. I will post pics if anyone wants to see a certain part of the dock. The only bad thing about this dock is that it slides around if you push it. I wish it had some rubber on the bottom to make it stay in place. Not a deal-breaker, though.

Upvote 0
hi! i found 2 different versions on ebay. one that is this
USB battery charger cradle stand dock HTC Sprint evo 4G - eBay (item 140487134265 end time Dec-08-10 17:37:48 PST)

and this one
Cradle Sync Dock Charger+ Battery For Sprint HTC EVO 4G - eBay (item 180591797050 end time Dec-24-10 07:53:56 PST)

it says on the second one that the AC charges the extra battery, while the USB charges the phone. That's not what I want. I don't want it to have to be tethered to my computer via USB all the time. Is the KiDiGi one the same or can you charge both phone and battery using only the AC? If it can't I might as well just same some money and buy just a battery charger without the dock.
Anyone know?

Upvote 0
I have two of these. Overall they are great.

They are lightweight, compared to the effort you need tp pull the phone out so I double-side taped it to my desk.

The fit is very good. you slide it in gently and then press it into the connector. There is minimal "play". It is not as foolproof or as tight as my ProClip car mount. That is heavily engineered to be very precise and you cannot botch the docking.

The Kidigi comes with a USB cable with microUSB on the other end and a small AC adapter with removable USB plug on the AC side and microUSB on the other end. these plug into the wall and computer, and you can use either/or as necessary. If you want to just charge both, set the phone not to ask you about the USB type, or use the AC plug for the phone connection.

I did break one of the cradle-side microUSB port with a bad in/out experience. They replaced it under warranty. I would suggest leaving the base connectors in place and not fiddling with them.

Having the spare battery charged is great.

Upvote 0
This came in the mail yesterday. It's absolutely perfect for anyone who doesn't use a case or an extended battery. I will post pics if anyone wants to see a certain part of the dock. The only bad thing about this dock is that it slides around if you push it. I wish it had some rubber on the bottom to make it stay in place. Not a deal-breaker, though.

You could always get some at the hardware store. LOL. 1.00 maybe...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones