• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kies says last firmeware is ke4

slinkkkk

Lurker
Sep 3, 2011
Hi iam with the Gt-I9100 runing kE4 firmeware. but i've seem loots of ppl saying that the last firmeware is the kE7. why my s2 doesnt find this new version?

Im having alot of problems with games stucking. such as stardunk. and others. And sometimes the game just closes with no reason.

So i thought that maybe. the last firmeware may fix it.

KH3 is the current "official" version, but it is an unofficial official version!! :D
The latest proper official release is KG5. This has Android 2.3.4

You can be hanging around for months for an update to come through via Kies, as these updates are carrier dependant, and they usually spend ages putting on thier own bloatware before the release starts coming through

Upvote 0
KH3 is the current "official" version, but it is an unofficial official version!! :D
The latest proper official release is KG5. This has Android 2.3.4

You can be hanging around for months for an update to come through via Kies, as these updates are carrier dependant, and they usually spend ages putting on thier own bloatware before the release starts coming through

Your lucky My T-mobile Uk is

Android 2.3.3 PDA:I9100XXKG2 / PHONE:I9100XXKG1 / CSC:I9100XAKF1

Upvote 0
Not lucky really.
The current Orange version is
Android 2.3.3 PDA:I9100BVKG3 / PHONE:I9100BVKG2 / CSC:I9100ORAKG3 (ORA)

Which was why I upgraded via Odin

is the update a lot better and how safe is doing the update? as my phone is just 2 weeks old and I don't really want too root it etc because of warranty

thnx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones