• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kitkat (4.4.2) Update for GT-N5110 (Wifi only) Note 8 rolling out

LOL...Finally got the notification, when I checked last night, but of course since I'm close to the limit on my internal storage, I got the dreaded notification regarding my lack of storage space! Why don't these OEM's just up the minimum offering to 32gb on these devices nowaydays. My only regret purchasing this tablet is the fact that they didn't offer the 32gb or higher version that they had "claimed" would be available.

Upvote 0
I upgraded and deleted until 3 gb of space was available. I have developed a relationship with "My Files." I knew fully the inconvenience the upgrade would cause, and was not disappointed. All 3 Notes adder now Kitty Kate.

I'm in the process of moving as many apps to SD, that I had been holding off on doing for a while. Hopefully, that will help enough for the kit kat update and my future use.

Upvote 0
My Note 8 updated to Kitkat late last week. Now, when I receive notifications that my apps want / need to be updated, I have a problem. When I try to update them, it says that they are downloading, but they never complete the process. I can see the downloading icon in the upper left corner, and it is animated, but it just keeps going and going. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? My list of update notifications is growing and I am at a loss for what to do. I am not the most tech savvy person.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Upvote 0
I have tried stopping and restarting the updates several times and get the same results. I have tried updating them all at the same time, and individually. Same results. The odd thing is that one of the apps is Samsung Link and the rest are all Google. ( +, Drive, Translate, Hangouts, Maps, You Tube) I am going to try to disable my AVG anti virus or uninstall it and see if that makes a difference. I want to try whatever I can before I consider a factory reset. Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones