• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kitkat is coming [discontinued]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about wifi issues being worked out? Do you need help on that? :thinking:

I've been working on everything including lower android versions, the problem with kitkat right now on AOSP it is very unstable on general on most devices (unless something like a Nexus 4/5) Any repo sync generally breaks my build but know I'm still workng on it ;) Kitkat is in really early development on AOSP so its very unpredictable right now. Good chances we will see some good 4.2.2 roms soon though.

Now that DM is back working on this phone you guys will be seeing some nice AOSP roms, hes like the aosp god

Upvote 0
I'm talking about the device repo. There's nothing official from CyanogenMod for the kingdom. Evervolv's is by far the most recently updated repo for kingdom device config on Github.

How are you getting vendor blobs?

There are better sources for vendor blobs for the kingdom than using ones made for the kingdom ;)

Also I'm familiar with the 7x30 board so I'm not limited to looking at Evervolvs tree blindly, I can get edit it and make changes myself.

Once I organize my 4.4 tree and get certain stuff working I will be glad to post it on github.

Reactions: androiddoglover
Upvote 0
Cm10.1 wifi also cannot use

Screenshot_2013-11-21-22-31-13.png

Screenshot_2013-11-21-22-31-50.png

Where is the link 10.1?

Upvote 0
synced to 4.4.1 / 4.4.2 and (hopefully) fixed the no boot problem I've been having with recent syncs

going to try a few builds today and see how far I get

Haven't had much time, usually very busy before holidays :D

I'm hearing from devs that 4.4 has been a bit easier to build and sort bugs out. Its nice to see someone giving this phone some love.

Upvote 0
That is so cool to see kitkat coming for the HTC Kingdom phones! I have since upgraded to the Moto X, but I'm definitely going to install kitkat on my Hero S once it's available. The Hero S is a great phone, but it was sad to see them stop at gingerbread on USCellular, so thank you Jssa28 for keeping the Hero S up to date!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones