• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Kyocera Hydro Reach Has Been Rooted But Still Need Some Help

Hello there I have decided to root my Boost Mobile Kyocera Hydro Reach Prepaid Cellphone so I can use it more like a tablet and less like a phone. I currently am using a prepaid cellphone from US Cellular.

So I don't need a second phone plus I have not had service on this phone in over 2 years so I decided to give it a fresh install and once I did I still keep getting these annoying updates for things on the phone I will never use again like voicemail or even messaging though the phone number since I will have facebook messenger. And since there is no longer going to ever be service on this phone again why have all the extra crap I figured.

So here is the help I need I used a app to root the phone with the help of my windows 10 laptop. And then I removed the bloatware and now I was wondering if I can remove the rooting app as well as all the extra stuff I needed to use to root the phone since I will never be using this phone for things other then apps and game can get straight from google play store.

I know it might be a odd question but just wondering if I needed to keep it all on there or if I could remove it.

Hello there I have decided to root my Boost Mobile Kyocera Hydro Reach Prepaid Cellphone so I can use it more like a tablet and less like a phone. I currently am using a prepaid cellphone from US Cellular.

So I don't need a second phone plus I have not had service on this phone in over 2 years so I decided to give it a fresh install and once I did I still keep getting these annoying updates for things on the phone I will never use again like voicemail or even messaging though the phone number since I will have facebook messenger. And since there is no longer going to ever be service on this phone again why have all the extra crap I figured.

So here is the help I need I used a app to root the phone with the help of my windows 10 laptop. And then I removed the bloatware and now I was wondering if I can remove the rooting app as well as all the extra stuff I needed to use to root the phone since I will never be using this phone for things other then apps and game can get straight from google play store.

I know it might be a odd question but just wondering if I needed to keep it all on there or if I could remove it.
That truly depends on the Rooting method and resulting Root manager installed (SuperSu vs SuperUser vs KingRoot, etc) but, yes: some of them do allow total Root removal.. But tbh, I'd just hide the manager and keep it for future use..

Upvote 0
The only reason for my wanting to root the phone is to kind of turn it into a tablet media payer. I don't wish to have app the extra apps that are not of any further use or are not daily use apps. I am still trying to figure out how to completely remove some system apps. B but no luck so far.
Adb devices

adb shell

“pm list packages | grep '<OEM/Carrier/App Name>'” Will show a list of apps.

“pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of package>”

Or use App inspector app to find the name then run the command directly above.

Warning removing system apps could cause a bootloop or a malfunction.

Upvote 0
Okay I just read the reply you sent me I have already found the full instructions on another post tutorial and have completed the hiding or removing of the apps.

So I have finished this so far so good. But hopefully I can change the way the kept icons look.
You could use a launcher, I have very little experience with a launcher so any suggestions i could make would be near nill. I'm sure someone will reply with a launcher that suits you.

Upvote 0
I have tried the cm launcher but there are other things inside that launcher and there are ads also. And I just want to change the app icons now in the drawer and am still trying to figure out how. Plus the icons I did find that I liked didn't have the full set of icons I needed even for basic apps. Which sucked so I remove the icon set. Wish they had the full set of icons but nope. So now I will still need to find the full set of icons and then still figure out how to change the drawer icons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones