• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kyocera Rise Black Screen

etechgeek24

Jul 27, 2013
I am having an odd glitch right now...

When booting I see the normal boot screen for a little bit, but then unusually early, it goes to black. It will not wake up from there, no matter what I do (call it, press the button, slide out the keyboard, etc) it stays black, unless I rapidly press the sleep/wake button, and then the screen will sorta flash on and off.

Any ideas? I'd return for warranty but it is rooted and I don't know if they'll take it...

I'd prefer not restore to defaults if I can avoid it.

I am having an odd glitch right now...

When booting I see the normal boot screen for a little bit, but then unusually early, it goes to black. It will not wake up from there, no matter what I do (call it, press the button, slide out the keyboard, etc) it stays black, unless I rapidly press the sleep/wake button, and then the screen will sorta flash on and off.

Any ideas? I'd return for warranty but it is rooted and I don't know if they'll take it...

I'd prefer not restore to defaults if I can avoid it.

Have you tried pulling the battery and with the battery out holding the power button down for 15 seconds or so before putting it back in, not sure about this specific problem but it has worked for many different bizarre glitches for me over the past few years with this phone and my old optimus v. Try this when all else fails.

Upvote 0
The black screen means you have a dead digitizer screen. The screen can be replaced but it is a but tricky.

This is caused by the piece failing or an incorrect mod.

The only solution you have is to place the phone under warranty.

Before hand try logging into the the recovery mode under reset to factory setting. The factory setting may resolve your problem if you cause was a mod problem this all depends on the mod.

On the other hand it will allow you to restore to factory setting and replace the phone under warranty.

Hope this helps!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones