• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lag fix not installing?

nosk86

Lurker
Nov 30, 2010
I downloaded the .zip file located in this thread.

Every time I attempt to "reinstall packages" it won't work. Yes, I renamed it to update.zip, yes my phone is rooted.

The error message simply says "Installation aborted" then "Unable to mount blahblahblah" upon a second attempt.

I'm running the Axura ROM 2.0.5 using the Zeam launcher.

What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded the .zip file located in this thread.

Every time I attempt to "reinstall packages" it won't work. Yes, I renamed it to update.zip, yes my phone is rooted.

The error message simply says "Installation aborted" then "Unable to mount blahblahblah" upon a second attempt.

I'm running the Axura ROM 2.0.5 using the Zeam launcher.

What am I doing wrong?

What is the recommended procedure for installing this lagfix? I'm not going to read the whole thread but it appears the file originally created by RyanZA is not meant to be installed the way it appears you are trying to install it.

I think you'd be better off simply using OCLF. It's easier to use and has many options, including the ability to unroot and uninstall the tools the app uses.

RyanZA's OCLF 2.0 - Android app on AppBrain

You download it as you would any other app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones