• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lag problem is insane

skittlesV1

Jul 2, 2010
I dont know if this is just me or everyone's evo is like this. Im new to android so maybe im expecting too much but my evo is extremely laggy, Whenever I unlock the screen or switch windows it just laggs. Its only usable if I reboot it every few hours or so. Today I didnt reboot it for a while and I got a call and it lagged so bad it couldn't pick it up in time. What do you guys suggest I do to eliminate this lag? Im running fresh 5.3 and im overclocked at 1.15

I dont know if this is just me or everyone's evo is like this. Im new to android so maybe im expecting too much but my evo is extremely laggy, Whenever I unlock the screen or switch windows it just laggs. Its only usable if I reboot it every few hours or so. Today I didnt reboot it for a while and I got a call and it lagged so bad it couldn't pick it up in time. What do you guys suggest I do to eliminate this lag? Im running fresh 5.3 and im overclocked at 1.15

That's odd, I used 0.5.3 before I started using DC and never had that issue but I was also running stock kernal... Maybe the new Fresh 1.0.1 will solve your problem?

Upvote 0
Im not sure, I was using DC before fresh for a few days but I cant remember if I had any lag. Im hoping the new fresh or froyo will fix this or something before my 30 days is up

I was using Fresh for a while but I felt that DC was snappier and have been using it for about a week and a half now... The new Fresh just came out today so you might want to try flashing it to see if it fixes the lag. On a side note, I am waiting for the release of DC 3.5 (hopefully today) which is supposed to have FroYo.

Upvote 0

What do you have installed? Most importantly, do you have a Task Killer installed?

What you describe sounds exactly like my Hero until I yanked ATK out. I was dumb and new to Android and didn't know no better. :->

Reactions: sikclown
Upvote 0
What do you have installed? Most importantly, do you have a Task Killer installed?

What you describe sounds exactly like my Hero until I yanked ATK out. I was dumb and new to Android and didn't know no better. :->
I dont have atk installed. I did install it last night to see if it would fix the lag and it did but messed with the screen and typing to I uninstalled and rebooted. So its either lag or a weird touchscreen.

Upvote 0

FxCamera
http://www.appbrain.com/user/skittlesV1/apps-on-the-pc36100

Upvote 0
Your phone is lagging because you rooted it. I have stock Evo and I dont experience to much lag to complain about. So far answering the phone is not a problem. I wish I had an answer for you. Thats why I don't hack my phone. It seems as tho people have more problems after they root.

Upvote 0
I dont have atk installed. I did install it last night to see if it would fix the lag and it did but messed with the screen and typing to I uninstalled and rebooted. So its either lag or a weird touchscreen.

Then thank you for all of us LOL. Certainly looking through the list you posted, and not familiar with all but nothing that would likely cause this problem.

Did this issue get worse after root?? Possible a re-root could be in order??

What you describe just does not describe MY Evo at all. So definitely you have issue somewhere. Wish I could help better.

Upvote 0
You mean you didn't know how to manage ATK manually? Ok

LOL, give me a break. I was brand new to Android, knew no better. But did learn that just ripping ATK out made my Hero SO much better.

But yes, am much more learned now and know that ATK *can* be useful if just used the way you mention. I have other solutions that achieve same kind of thing, but have no issues at all with ATK if ONLY used manually.

But put on automatic, it will crate the exact same symptoms OP described, so just wanted to get that issue out of the way first

Upvote 0
I was running the BFS Kernel update #26, but was getting odd issues here and there. No lagging, but dramatically reduced battery life, force closes, apps suddenly being ended even though they were set to high priority, etc. I went back to the stock Fresh 0.5.3 kernel and everything seems happy again. Haven't tried the 1.x yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones