• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lapdock100 SUCKS after ICS

Andy in NY

Jul 26, 2010
Chateaugay, NY
I was totally in love with my lapdock. after ics its horrible forweb browsing. all of the browsers ive tries ALL default to mobile versions of the site! right now im using the firefox browser and i cant even use the scroll wheel on my mouse! the curser seems to jump around when im typing too!
Anyone else share my feelings and can anyone reccomend a good browser? ive tried stock, chrome and firefox.

I felt this way at first as well. I'm the general tech guy for my department and we recently went from deploying the Atrix to the Razr Maxx. Things were great at first and functioned just as previously, but when they upgraded to ICS everything went wonky. The website most of my customers access doesn't play well with the average browser (incredibly poorly designed). Never had a problem with it running in Firefox in webtop mode however. With webtop 3, they got rid of Firefox though so we're having issues with the site again. I tried a few other browsers with lame levels of success. Worked my way over to installing Chrome and it works beautifully. Give that a shot, especially if you use it on a desktop/laptop

Upvote 0
You are not the only one you can set individual ringtones under contacts"people" but when you call your phone only rings the main default setting on phone. I an not new to these things either. they one way to set your rind gone which basically deletes the whole meaning behind wanting to give a different ringtone just to one or more people you just have to set your default phones ringtone to the one you want. But as stated it will ring that tone for everyone instead of just the people you select. First smart phone have ever seen this happen do.

Under people there are there are 2 bars at the top right corner that planing says "set ringtone. You can set it to what you like but when you call the phone it plays whatever ringtone the default phone's ringtone is. I can't install any 3rd party software on mine because it is a company phone. Cross our fingers they fix on next update.

Upvote 0
Scratch my past post off and it's possible the same reason its happening to everyone else. I was calling my personal phone to call my work phone. Well i was changing the ringtone settings under my phones name "first contact on the list on any smart phone i have owned" I made a fake name with the same number and then changed ringtones and it works perfectly.

Upvote 0
You are not the only one you can set individual ringtones under contacts"people" but when you call your phone only rings the main default setting on phone. I an not new to these things either. they one way to set your rind gone which basically deletes the whole meaning behind wanting to give a different ringtone just to one or more people you just have to set your default phones ringtone to the one you want. But as stated it will ring that tone for everyone instead of just the people you select. First smart phone have ever seen this happen do.

Under people there are there are 2 bars at the top right corner that planing says "set ringtone. You can set it to what you like but when you call the phone it plays whatever ringtone the default phone's ringtone is. I can't install any 3rd party software on mine because it is a company phone. Cross our fingers they fix on next update.
What does this have to do with this thread?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones