• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro 4.4 Beta Mirror?

So that would mean you couldn't see any of your notifications unless you brought it up? Why would you want to do that? I'm assuming to save a bit of screen real estate?

I'm thinkin' about giving this app a try :)

How often do you need to see the notification bar anyway? So often that you can't just hit the button? Frankly it's an eyesore to me, and the phone looks MUCH better without it.

Upvote 0
HTC widgets I believe are dependent on the Sense UI and that's why they don't show up using LauncherPro.

I just reinstalled launcher after trying it out the first time. First time I used it I liked the landscape mode and launch buttons at the bottom but decided I didn't really need em and uninstalled. Today howeverni found out that I really miss them and installed all over again.

What I want to know is if anyone has found a Bookmarks widget that looks just as good as the HTC one? That's the only thing I miss about the Sense UI.

Upvote 0
HTC widgets I believe are dependent on the Sense UI and that's why they don't show up using LauncherPro.

I just reinstalled launcher after trying it out the first time. First time I used it I liked the landscape mode and launch buttons at the bottom but decided I didn't really need em and uninstalled. Today howeverni found out that I really miss them and installed all over again.

What I want to know is if anyone has found a Bookmarks widget that looks just as good as the HTC one? That's the only thing I miss about the Sense UI.

Agreed. I miss the Bookmarks widget, but other than that, LauncherPro is much faster than the Sense UI and I like the features of it. I don't know of any good bookmark widgets, but i can live without it.

Upvote 0
So I tried to install the apk as I didn't see that the market has been updated to 4.4. But installing with the apk didn't work. So I uninstalled/deleted the apk file and downloaded launcher pro through the market. My phone says it was installed but the app is no where to be found. It doesn't show up in my app bin. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
So I tried to install the apk as I didn't see that the market has been updated to 4.4. But installing with the apk didn't work. So I uninstalled/deleted the apk file and downloaded launcher pro through the market. My phone says it was installed but the app is no where to be found. It doesn't show up in my app bin. Any ideas?

Press the home button and it should give u the option to select which launcher to use. Also if you go to settings>apps>manage apps and look for sense UI you should be able to clear the set to default setting which might keep it from coming up.

Upvote 0
If im correct having launcherpro is just overlapping sense so battery usage will still be going to sense and the launcherpro.
Correct me if im worng.

From what I am seeing if you set LauncherPro to default instead of SenseUI the phone won't launch sense at all so only one is running. I used both for a bit doing a side by side comparison and saw a battery life difference from just sense. Now just using LauncherPro it's gone back to normal which leads me to think only one is running.

Upvote 0
I never used the bookmark widget. What I have started using is smart shortcuts. You can create a popup shortcut essentially. It allows you to create bookmark and application shortcuts.

Really grown to like it, allows you to keep your home screen less cluttered

Love the app as well, however it doesn't see any of my contacts. Anyone else have this problem? I like the HTC people widget and obviously can't use it anymore since I am using LP. If I could just get the Smart Shortcuts to see my contacts I could make a quick launch for my favorites, but its simply not happening. Any help or insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
LauncherPro is great. I've used just about all of the Home screen replacements (ADW.Launcher, GDE, Open Home, SweeterHome) and still prefer LauncherPro.

The reason; it performs without lag and works without a whole lot of FC's (still get a few occasionally, but it is still in BETA. I get a few FCs with sense too.). Also the developer releases frequent updates and is very responsive to feedback. I can't wait for the final version to come out. This is definitely one I would pay for.

The only thing missing for me at this point is the ability to replace the App Drawer icon so you can completely customize. I imagine it wouldn't be hard for the dev to do since he's already added the ability to customize all the other buttons on the launch bar. Going to add it as a suggestion on his site.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones