• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Launcherpro plus widgets in Sense launcher?

Echo17121

Jan 26, 2010
Ok, this may be a silly question. I really like Sense but I really want to try out the transparent widget mods for launcherpro plus (which I already bought). Is there any way to get the launcherpro widgets in sense? I know the opposite can't be done, but I figure since I paid for the extra widgets, it would be cool if I could use them outside of the launcher lol.

And I know, launcher pro is awesome...I have beautiful widgets and I know that is almost the same but the weather animations are a pain because they come up on any screen and in my apps and I have to tap to clear them and then I can scroll. With sense I just unlock and scroll and I like that alot better right now.

I feel like I shouldn't be the first one to ask this question but I couldn't find anything through searching so... :rolleyes:

I knew it would get to someone haha! I actually like sense and launcher pro both. I am using text icons at the moment and they show up tiny in the lp dock. Also like I said, I like the weather animations but beautiful widgets is just too glitchy with the way it does them. Maybe I would be better off rooting and getting transparent sense widgets.

Upvote 0
What transparent widget mods are you referring to? I just checked the LP website and the word "transparent" doesn't seem to exist.

Like you, I prefer Sense, but enjoy pieces of LP. I bought LP+ and twice have reverted back to sense. It just looks and feels cleaner to me. I really, really wish there was a way of combining the best of both worlds.

Upvote 0
Sorry to say that you can not use the Launcher Pro widgets while using Sense as a Home, and vice-versa you can not use Sense widgets while using Launcher Pro as a Home. Basically, the widgets are not stand alone, they are dependent upon their particular Home launchers.

Very curious about the XDA thread you mention. Care to share a link?

Upvote 0
None. But, the ability to re-size them to fit your needs is ++good. And some people just don't like Sense but like those types of widgets. Not to mention that Launcher Pro+ has a few other really nice features that Sense doesn't, scrolling dock with fifteen positions to launch apps from, swipe gestures, pop-ups, ease and amount of customization......

Upvote 0
Launcher pro feels like sense in every way possible, thats why i use it and made the switch i too liked sense, but opted for more customization. But if youre worried about how the weather animations are on the phone, maybe youre being a little to particular lol. BW has some of the best skins, and ive never had a problem even after the froyo update. you can also make the background transparent however you want/removing it completely on all the skins

Upvote 0
Launcher pro feels like sense in every way possible, thats why i use it and made the switch i too liked sense, but opted for more customization. But if youre worried about how the weather animations are on the phone, maybe youre being a little to particular lol. BW has some of the best skins, and ive never had a problem even after the froyo update. you can also make the background transparent however you want/removing it completely on all the skins

What are your favorite BW skins? I use BW and love the skins I use (EmotiSun for weather and rotate 2-3 for clock), but get bored quickly and find all the other weather ones suck, and no other clock ones really interest me. I'm wondering if I'm missing out on any.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm a LP addict. Just can't seem to shake it.

snap20101006_161824.png

Upvote 0
I've been on the fence with using alternatve launchers like LP and ADW for a couple months now. I never took the time to configure anyone of these mentioned until recently. I finally setup LP paid version and I've been using it for several days now. It is little different from the Sense UI launcher and I've been enjoying it. I'll go ahead and also setup ADW and use Home Switcher to go back and forth through the 3 different launchers. It is nice to have different options and I'm enjoying experimenting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones