• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Plus

I've got the paid and I've done the unlock stuff. No update today either.

goto the market download the launcherpro app

the update is there, it dosnt say plus, but it is fine, the updates apply the new calendar widget. I was a bit confused as well while i searched for the update and found none. I downloaded launcherpro, and poof, there was the calendar widget all shiny and new. (no need to re enter the unlock code this time for me)

Upvote 0
Yeah I have launcherpro already. It just won't feed me the update.

And it won't, goto the market, install launcherpro, done.I know you have it installed already, so did I and everyone else, this is the only way the dev had to get releases out due to country restrictions of paid apps. So again, install launcherpro and done as you won't see the app update like a normal app.I had the same issue and this method solved it. Remember, look for launcherpro, NOT launcherpro plus.hope this helps, its really confusing if you put to much thought into it.

Upvote 0
Please note that if you downloaded and installed LauncherPro Plus from Fede's website a couple weeks ago when it first came out, you MUST open the market and search for "launcher pro". It will show that an update is available. Just click update and your app will change back to plain old LauncherPro. At which point, you will be able to use the paypal email address and unlock code to unlock the Plus features.

If you do not understand my directions, please visit here: LauncherPro Forum • View topic - ***Installing LauncherPro Plus *** Tutorial and there is more than enough information to get you going.

Kratos

Upvote 0
honestly, i had no idea how many options LP had, and how many endless opportunities you have to make your phone look new and different every single day. I spent the 2.99 on the LP plus, plus i spent 99 cents on some icons, and the dock pictures are really cook, but now i've realized i can make my own after seeing those :) But still, the ideas are endless with LP.

Would you say that sense is completely disabled when using LP ? Or are you simply using LP over sense. Just wondering what the correct terminology is.

Upvote 0
honestly, i had no idea how many options LP had, and how many endless opportunities you have to make your phone look new and different every single day. I spent the 2.99 on the LP plus, plus i spent 99 cents on some icons, and the dock pictures are really cook, but now i've realized i can make my own after seeing those :) But still, the ideas are endless with LP.

Would you say that sense is completely disabled when using LP ? Or are you simply using LP over sense. Just wondering what the correct terminology is.

I believe that sense is still running in the background, but LP cannot access it. In other words, Fede is creating "sense like" widgets because he is unable to access the actual sense widgets because of permission restrictions. I can tell you that LP is running on top of your stock launcher because if you leave widgets on your stock launcher (very bad idea to do this), they will still update.

Kratos

Upvote 0
I believe that sense is still running in the background, but LP cannot access it. In other words, Fede is creating "sense like" widgets because he is unable to access the actual sense widgets because of permission restrictions. I can tell you that LP is running on top of your stock launcher because if you leave widgets on your stock launcher (very bad idea to do this), they will still update.

Kratos

Thanks for the help. What do you mean "leave widgets on our stock launcher" ? I'm using the messaging and mail icon on the launcher, which show how many unread, but they are not widgets...are you saying OTHER widgets on the stock launcher are bad? And if so, why is it bad ?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. What do you mean "leave widgets on our stock launcher" ? I'm using the messaging and mail icon on the launcher, which show how many unread, but they are not widgets...are you saying OTHER widgets on the stock launcher are bad? And if so, why is it bad ?

You should never leave widgets on a launcher that you are not using because it can cause major lag. Say you have the facebook widget on your stock launcher and on LauncherPro. That widget will be updating on both launchers which will cause your phone to have to do twice the work. Now, say you have six widgets on both launchers. That is a total of twelve widgets that are all updating and such a scenario can cause such major lag that you may not be able to use your phone.

I have always kept the practice of clearing all widgets, folders, shortcuts, and apps off the launcher I do not normally use. If I am just testing a launcher, I will usually clear the widgets off my stock (or normally used) launcher until I make a decision on which one I am going to keep.

I have yet to find a launcher better than LauncherPro. Especially now that there is a plus version.

I hope that helps you better understand what is going on and why it's good practice to clear at least widgets off all launchers except the one you are currently using.

Kratos

Upvote 0
First time I have tried this app, and I think it's great!

I tried turning on the 3D app drawer, and find it funny that this app runs the drawer just fine, with no lag at all. I seem to have read somewhere that Google disabled this due to it causing lag. Or I wonder if there was a significant battery drain issue instead, which would have them disable it?

Upvote 0
i'm not sure if this has been addressed before but is it possible to change the homescreen icons?

The only icons you can customize with LP at this current time are the dock icons. You can use a different app such as Better Cut to customize other icons and then use those in LP, but LP doesn't have the option within the program to do this.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Newest update comes with resizable widgets!

I just updated and I think this is an awesome feature! I tired it with all of my widgets and some will actually resize, but others will not. For example, I tried making the facebook widget bigger, but it just centered the widget instead. However, I can shrink the facebook widget with no problems.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Check out this thread from Fede's support forum: LauncherPro Forum • View topic - READ: Solution to missing Facebook pics!

Hope that helps.

Kratos

That certainly did help, however it did not sync all my contacts. Missed the majority of them, and I can't seem to find a fix to make it sync all of them. I'm sure that Fede is working on not needing that app, but it'll bring out my OCD in the meanwhile.

EDIT: I read that if the contact wasn't originally on your phone before syncing w/ Facebook, that the contact won't show. However, it's not showing me at least one of my contacts that was previously on there.

EDIT #2: Ok, found a solution to that. Amazing what happens when you actually read through threads (lol). In the SyncMyPix app, long press on a contact that doesn't show the picture. From there, choose "link from contacts" and it'll send you into your contacts, and select the one you're looking for. Boom goes the dynamite!

Upvote 0
Ok, now I got a new question. I remember when first setting up the People Widget that I could choose what order I wanted them to appear. I just selected alphabetical to move along, but now I can't find how to change that. Anyone got a clue? I'm sure it'll be added in preferences eventually.

doesn't the sort order come from the options for the contacts default menu, not from launcherpro?

Upvote 0
Ok, now I got a new question. I remember when first setting up the People Widget that I could choose what order I wanted them to appear. I just selected alphabetical to move along, but now I can't find how to change that. Anyone got a clue? I'm sure it'll be added in preferences eventually.

I don't ever remember being able to set the order that contacts appear. However, you can select the contact group you wish to display. The only way to currently do this is to delete the current widget and add it again. Select the size and then the group to display.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones