• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Leaving iPhone 4S for The Note

I'm a former iPhone guy, too. The switch is sometimes frustrating. But for _me_ it's been worthwhile. Why?

1. Apps that don't have to be blessed by Apple. Examples include: wifi tethering without signing up to an AT&T plan; 2. 2. Flexibility to use other web browsers as default; playing different audio and video formats; flash
3. Apps are allowed to use the full potential of the device, like ardware acceleration
4. True multitasking
5. More choice in terms of hardware that suit your particular needs
6. Wonderful (for me) form factor of the Note
7. Rooting (which is sometimes useful) is easier than jailbreaking
8. Etc, etc

On the downside are the standard complaints about Android:
a. Flexibility means you need to make decisions like how to back up, and with which app
b. Takes longer for OS updates to trickle down to all the various handsets and cell service providers
c. Compatibility issues between hardware and apps

For me the switch has been well worth it!

This is a near complete summary of major surface-level differences between iOS and Android, and it's put in a way that explains how subjective a decision this is without coming equipped with a biased slant.

I wish everyone on this and other similar forums was so non-venomous while still managing to be informative in their reviews.

-Ryan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones