• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LeeDroid - experience so far

To expand on what Stu said about Ext4, I asked the same question at XDA when I was going from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2. Lee's ROM actually formats the system and cache partitions to Ext4 when installing anyway, by doing a full wipe, you're formatting the data partition (where your apps and app data is stored) to Ext 4 too.

Whilst I use LeeDroid, I probably won't bother with the full Ext 4 wipe, but if I switch to ARHD or CM7 etc, I'll probably go for it.

Upvote 0
To expand on what Stu said about Ext4, I asked the same question at XDA when I was going from 3.1.1 to 3.1.2. Lee's ROM actually formats the system and cache partitions to Ext4 when installing anyway, by doing a full wipe, you're formatting the data partition (where your apps and app data is stored) to Ext 4 too.

Whilst I use LeeDroid, I probably won't bother with the full Ext 4 wipe, but if I switch to ARHD or CM7 etc, I'll probably go for it.

I've gone the whole hog as before I did I was having lag issues with games like Angry Birds Rio and anything else that had background animation to them. Once I had EXT4 all my partitions. The lag disappeared.

Upvote 0
Interesting - thanks guys. I think I'll do the EXT4 thing if I recognise any lag.

Regarding battery life, I noticed thaat there was some discussion on XDA about the dialler remaining active and potentially eating battery. I thought a simple way to test this would be to use a Task Killer to kill the Dialler after a phone call, and see if it has any impact.

Maxy

Upvote 0
Interesting - thanks guys. I think I'll do the EXT4 thing if I recognise any lag.

Regarding battery life, I noticed thaat there was some discussion on XDA about the dialler remaining active and potentially eating battery. I thought a simple way to test this would be to use a Task Killer to kill the Dialler after a phone call, and see if it has any impact.

Maxy

Heretical talk that is...lol I'm leaving well enough alone but I see where your coming from however just use the internal task manager as supplied in the rom downloading anything else is just a waste of your time.

Reactions: MaxyDad
Upvote 0
ok guys some help needed here. My DHD was bought used and is rooted and flashed with
leedroidHD 2.3.4GB.Beta-4-R2

How do i reflash to the latest leedroid 3.1.4 or even back to the original rom as i cannot get any updates at all.

Thanks.

As your DHD is already rooted, do you have Titanium Backup/ROM Manager/Clockworkmod?

Firstly, do a backup (any issues and you can always go back to how it was when you got it).

Then follow the installing ROMs step from the guide here: http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-all-things-root/354749-how-root-install-custom-rom-desire-hd.html

:D

EDIT - when you you say "go back to the orignial ROM" as you can't get updates - do you mean go back to a "stock" ROM for OTA updates? This is slightly different.

Reactions: f891roy
Upvote 0
Yeah, have, rom manager and ti backup.

Yes i meant the stock rom, just incase i want to go back.

Thanks.

It is relatively straight forward to go back to stock ROM, but whatever you do, don't try and do an OTA update while you have a custom ROM, as it can bugger your phone up!

All info on flashing is in the post I linked previously - hope it helps!! :D

Reactions: f891roy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones