• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Lego Dock

Well, When I saw your creation (genius) I had to try and create my own. I harvested parts from one of my sets and came up with this:

P1000674.jpg

I dont have any other devices that I charge regularly, so I only needed the one space for the Incredible. Thanks for your inspiration! I used a cylinder block from an engine to hold the plug without needing glue. (I just needed to shave a bit off the plug)

Enjoy!

Reactions: CatsTide
Upvote 0
Well, When I saw your creation (genius) I had to try and create my own. I harvested parts from one of my sets and came up with this:

P1000674.jpg

I dont have any other devices that I charge regularly, so I only needed the one space for the Incredible. Thanks for your inspiration! I used a cylinder block from an engine to hold the plug without needing glue. (I just needed to shave a bit off the plug)

Enjoy!

Nice work. I'll get the standalone one done soon. Not sure if i have an lego engine for that :)

Upvote 0
This also inspired me. I didn't have any legos laying around, so I grabbed a coat hanger, wood rod, and stripped a wire for the rubber feet. It worked out good, and allows me to charge it when in the dock. Thanks for the kick start =)
wire%2Bwood.JPG

inc%20in%20dock.JPG

You built the stand that I was picturing in my head, except that I want to add a few feminine touches to it, like maybe some pretty colors of polymer clay baked onto the metal to give it some color (probably red of course) Could you send me the dimensions of the front bar and the uprights? I wont have my DINC until tomorrow, but want something to do tonight.

Upvote 0

P1000674.jpg

Enjoy!

Will you show some more pics. including the way you have the cable mounted.

Upvote 0
Here ya go: I will try to make the best captions possible for these.

2778384a.jpg

Here you can see the plug sticking out of the lego cylinder block, which is one of these pieces:
c1835a65.jpg

This is then connected to two long technic blocks.

91fea3ef.jpg

This picture shows the back of the dock.

e6ef61f3.jpg

Here is the Bottom. I medium sized technic sticks to keep the wire from pulling out of the dock.

I will be happy to answer any other questions.

Reactions: ninjakyle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones