• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lephone (w101,c101,s1) miui

Some things I gathered from reading on the Chinese forums:

*The OP on the Chinese forums warns that this is a buggy release, and users should wait for a more stable version to appear.
*This version is MIUI 2.1.13, which is ICS not ICS (my bad, I think it's 2.3.7 based).

3GC101:
*There is a bug concerning the reception of MMS messaging.
*There is a bug where the SMS notification sound cannot be muted, and will continue ringing until the phone has been powered down. I kid you not: "收完短信以后听筒滴滴响,除非关机,否则关不掉。" :eek:
*There is a bug where the camera aspect ratio is incorrect.
*There is a bug where the power button must be pressed multiple times in order to wake the screen. A proposed workaround is to use volume buttons to wake.
*There is a bug where changing the default ringtone causes the phone not to ring when receiving a phone call.
*There are still bluetooth issues (very unspecific) with the 3GC101.
*A poster managed to black out his screen adjusting his brightness settings, and now has no way of making his screen visible again because he can't see his menus. :p

3GW101:
*A 3GW101 user reported that after he installed three apps, within half an hour his phone was unable to place calls, he was unable to end calls using his phone, and had to wait half an hour after booting in order to place calls.
*There is a bug where changing the default ringtone causes the phone not to ring when receiving a phone call.

A poster on their forums claims it is "90% perfect"... I would stay away from this one. Besides, the OP says a bug fix release is in the works. :D

3GW100:
According to this thread:
MIUI chita 3gw100????????-???Phone_???pad -

The 3GW100 version is severely buggy to the point of brokenness, so no dice for me. :(

Upvote 0
Bug in Miui:
Please read "Bug and Fix" (From MIUI.COM).
Version infor:
- MIUI 2.1.13 (By IT168 MCMING)
+ OS: Android 2.3.7
+ Support: A2SD
乐Phone 3GW101 乐Phone 3Gc101 乐Phone 3GW100:Not recommended
- MIUI 2.2.17
+ + Support: A2SD
乐Phone 3GW101 乐Phone3GC101 乐Phone 3GC101NEW 乐Phone 3GW100
- MIUI 2.2.24
+ + Support: A2SD
乐Phone 3GW101 乐Phone 3GW101 NEW 乐Phone3GC101 乐Phone 3GC101 NEW 乐Phone3GW100

Flash ROM Using "Recovery Mode":
1. Download and Flash ROM allphone allmod1.0:
W101
C101
W100
S1
2. Download "Allmod1.0 Recovery (Chinesse language)
W101
C101
W100
S1
Extract and connect phone to PC
Turn Phone to AllMod Fast boot mode. (Hold down Right key + Power with no SD)
run directly LePhone_Flash.exe (step by step install Recovey to phone)
3. Copy rom(xxxxxxx.ZIP) to Root SD card.
4. Turn phone to recovery mode:
Hold volume down + Power.
Step1: 清除恢复出厂设置: restore factory settings
Step2: 清除缓存分区: Clear Cahes
Step3: 从SD卡安装zip: Install the zip from SD card
Step4: Select ROM(xxxxxxx.zip)
Step5: Restart phone.
Note: Chosse in recovery mode by down up volume button. Select Right button.
Thanks for read....
Finish.

Upvote 0
*A poster managed to black out his screen adjusting his brightness settings, and now has no way of making his screen visible again because he can't see his menus. *

I kno its super funny to have a "brick this phone" feathure but ANYBODY doing so will get a black screen. So do I.

**** lenovo, **** chita.

Btw to solve this (on most android device look like a pretty common issue) you sit in the dark with a powerfull pocket lamp and try for about 3 hours to change the setting while changing light exposure angle.

Sometime it work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones