• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

let's play a game.

sneeman

Lurker
Dec 26, 2011
this is a game called. let's see what we can do.

over the christmas season my modest family gives each other gift's. the major gift this season was to me. a tablet bought from someone i'll call a "shady guy" (which means i don't know where he got it or what it is) for only $25

the tablet comes with no marking or indications of a name or who made it. i assume it's a few years old and somebody has tried to mess with it before.

here's the outside look of it.
i think it's an apad but if it's not somebody can correct me
dsc04277m.jpg

this is a look inside. the memory, build, etc.
20111126181013.jpg

the screen is a bit messed up. it attempts to go up when i want to go down and loves to turn the volume up every time i touch it.

i will be spending the next few months messing around with it trying to put it into the best state it can be in. i am comfortable opening it and i do have a budget to spend. this is more of a project. i'm not expecting this thing to turn into a racecar. and if anything happens to it in the process there's no harm done.

this is mainly my way of expanding knowledge on android devices.
the first thing i would like to find is how to install the android market onto this thing.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones