1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

LG G3, g4 OR v10?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by montydiesel, Nov 19, 2016.

1. montydiesel

montydiesel Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Male
    hello, thank you in advance to everyone for their helpful replies

i had a samsung galaxy s5 which fell out of my pocket(and the screen is broken) it was a loyal phone which withstood many falls. i am looking to buy a new andriod phone and have done some research

LG g4
    LG v10
    ZTE axon 7
    one plus 3
    LG flex 2
    samsung galaxy s6 edge plus

i have read that LG g4 and V10 have issues where phones will simply stop working

LG3 is said to have boot loop issues

never heard of ZTE or one plus and don't know how easy are they to use like galaxy series

can anyone suggest any of these or something else around $300 price range

i really like LG G3 and V10 but i don't want to waste money

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I've never used any of those phones, but I will say on the "how easy are they to use like galaxy series" that they are all Android phones, so they are all similar. In fact Samsung modify android more than most, so if you are used to Samsung menus you will find anything else a bit different, but in terms of general use (installing/opening/uninstalling apps, making calls, etc) most Androids are very similar - if you use a third party launcher rather than the manufacturer's one you remove most of the remaining differences in how you use them. I personally don't find Samsungs any easier than any other Android I have used.

ZTE and One+ are Chinese manufacturers. ZTE are a big company who have been in the game for many years, often making "carrier's own model" handsets as well as those branded themselves. One+ are more recent (but have connections to Oppo, who are bigger within China), good specs for the money, people I know with them seem happy enough. We have forums for all of these devices in our Android Phones area, so you can drop in and see what their owners are saying (though some of those forums don't have a lot of activity). Of course it's always true that people with problems post and people without don't so much, so the internet tends to give a pessimistic impression of most devices, but you can still get a feel (e.g. if a forum seems to be mostly complaints about faulty devices that can't be a good sign).

lvt and AMOCO like this.
  3. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy

Mar 10, 2012
    Male
    Computer Tech.
    Colorado Springs,CO.
    Well I have owned a G2 & a G4(Which is what I am on now,AT&T Version). and have had no issues with either.
    But with the G4 I have had to do 1 factory reset,I think its because of all the updates AT&T has thrown out there for the G4,The reason for the factory reset is it was,Rebooting on its own and getting stuck at the AT&T splash screen.Which is now fixed.
    And the MM update uses a little more battery then Lollipop.Other then that,The LG G4 is a great phone.

4. lvt

lvt Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Paris <--> Taipei
    Love my G4 Stylus, battery life is great and it's removable. Camera is awesome.

5. montydiesel

montydiesel Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Male
    so either G3 or G4 is a good option

i was kind of scared of endless reboot of G4 has that been fixed?

AMOCO likes this.
  6. ArykTECH

ArykTECH New Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    LG G4 is a go! If you ask why, I simply love everything about it.

AMOCO and lvt like this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    V20 cause it's the latest and greatest. Why not?

8. montydiesel

montydiesel Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Male
    G4 i guess than it is hopefully i won't have issues either
    i am just afraid of the boot loop issue

it's so sad that LG are making great phones but these issues have persisted since LG g3

9. lvt

lvt Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Paris <--> Taipei
    The G4 came in different variations, the issue seems to be region specific. Mine is the large version, 5.7in with stylo, never had problem with it.

10. jen2440

jen2440 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    I've had a G3 for 2 years with zero issues. Have looked at newer phones and haven't seen an overwhelming reason to upgrade, and when the time comes I can buy a new battery for $35.

Anomandaris likes this.
  11. montydiesel

montydiesel Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Male
    so which region to buy?