• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G3 Pre-release/Rumor/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
You mean you didn't get it? Must have been saved by a nginx error. :p

iowabowtech said:
Dear Steven58

You have received an infraction at Android Forums.

Reason: Soliciting unnecessary knee slapping and pre-release merriment.
-------

This infraction is worth zero point(s) because it is a fabrication. :D

All the best,
Android Forums

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Never. I softened it up so nobody just walking in thinks I'm a tyrant for real. :D

So are you still thinking about getting this one? II'm trying to do the math on what my G2 might be worth. Not sure if I want to make up the difference or not. I think the specs might have to be toward the upper end of what's been predicted for me to bite.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Extrapolated from this remark in their Q1 2014 financial report:

Higher revenues are expected in the second quarter with the release of the flagship LG G3 smartphone and wider roll-out of the mass-tier L Series III.

Which probably means that it will launch before the very end of 2Q. If they are expecting higher 2Q revenue due to the launch, you'd think it would need to launch a few weeks at minimum prior to the end of the quarter.

Upvote 0
Never. I softened it up so nobody just walking in thinks I'm a tyrant for real. :D

So are you still thinking about getting this one? II'm trying to do the math on what my G2 might be worth. Not sure if I want to make up the difference or not. I think the specs might have to be toward the upper end of what's been predicted for me to bite.

my estimate/hope is G3 will send me back $200 from what I've got fom my G2.

If I sell my beloved F6 for $120-$150, the price of the upgrade will be negligible.

If I decide to sell my Z Ultra and live with G3 only, I will be way ahead of the game.

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
my estimate/hope is G3 will send me back $200 from what I've got fom my G2.

Looks like the Swappa average for the G2 is around $325 right now. I'm figuring the G3 will be at least $600 so I'm leaning more toward this costing me around $300 all said and done. Who knows though really, we'll see when the pricing is made available. Hopefully, vzw has an online special like they had on the G2, that helped some.

Upvote 0
Looks like the Swappa average for the G2 is around $325 right now. I'm figuring the G3 will be at least $600 so I'm leaning more toward this costing me around $300 all said and done. Who knows though really, we'll see when the pricing is made available. Hopefully, vzw has an online special like they had on the G2, that helped some.
$325 seems way too low to me. ebay price trending is around $400, but one has to pay outrageous 13% in ebay/paypal fees.

I've got my G2 brand new for around $300 from T-mo during their blackberry promotion deal.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones