• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G3 Pre-release/Rumor/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we know the date, I'm sure the specs rumors will come out fast and furious. For me, the question is if it's an 801 snapdrgn or 805. Of course, I'd prefer the latter, but wouldn't mind the former too much as long as I get my 3 gigs of ram. I may pay it off in a year to keep my unlimited. We'll see. Still looming over the horizon are the iPhab and gnote 4. Lg has made a name for itself, in my estimation, with the g2, and deserves high consideration, therefore, as a premier device from a premier manufacturer.

Upvote 0
Closer look at the revised rear button configuration:
BmZkK7nCEAE9XHj.jpg
Source

Via

Upvote 0
Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
What is the hole on the bottom left on the back? I sure hope it's not a Galaxy S4-style speaker.
gsmarena_001.jpg

Fat, ugly cases like this probably make LG's designers and engineers want quit making attractive phones to go do something useful with their lives like dropping fries or flipping burgers. By the looks of that case, someone plans to play basketball with their G3.

Upvote 0
What is the hole on the bottom left on the back? I sure hope it's not a Galaxy S4-style speaker.

Hate to say it but I don't know what else that would be. What's interesting to me is what appears to be a big honkin access door on the back. Possibly rear access to the rumored sdcard? I kinda figured that would insert from the side much like the SIM slot on my G2. :dontknow:

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Excellent news.

May has been a rumored release since December 2013.

I was hopeful, but felt that if anything happened in May it would be the unveiling; with a June or July release.

Here's hoping for the Snapdragon 805, Odin, or Mediatek 6595.

Given this release timing earlier than expected, it's likely S801 in G3.

Today rumor on Nexus 6 popped up suggesting it's based off G3 but with S805. It would be strange if G3 got 801 but Nexus 6 gets 805.

Upvote 0
Given this release timing earlier than expected, it's likely S801 in G3.

Today rumor on Nexus 6 popped up suggesting it's based off G3 but with S805. It would be strange if G3 got 801 but Nexus 6 gets 805.

The Nexus 6 would come out later in the year so it would be likely to have the 805. But it is a rumor.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well, are there any other devices launching in May? If the G3 actually launches with an 805, then it's definitely my next phone. I'm 90% right now, but that would push me over the edge.

That's what I've been trying to investigate but I'm not sure of anything that was purported to be released in May. What's even more interesting is that the Qualcomm statement was back in January...the SAME time the Korean site leaked the original G3 release date of May 17.

So the question becomes then, who else would have been planning a major May release back in January? One that would be big enough to include the new 805? And remembering that it's a few days shy of May now can we really believe such a device exists and we wouldn't have heard major league rumors by now?

IMO, the dots are starting to connect. Sure its conjecture but its also the theory that makes most sense if one is to place faith in the Qualcomm report.

If this happens, I'll be breaking open the piggy bank, raiding the couch cushions, bringing back the cans and bottles and setting up a lemonade stand if need be in order to get this phone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones