• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG G5 Software Update Fail! Fingerscanner now not working!

Robin Green

Lurker
Aug 26, 2016
I've been having this problem for a day now. The whole day I've tried everything to fix this stupid issue and I'm sick of it. I've deleted, downloaded, replaced, renewed every single thing I could do. I did a Factory reset. I did safe mode, I did hard reset, soft reset, called LG services, went to stores (all said to wait it out, but I'm to stubborn to let it go untill I have a proper good answer instead of a sorry and a money related solution) really everything and I can't get it to freaking work! It's making me nuts! Oh and... I've had this phone for barely a week now, to make it worse.

Okay, rant over. Let me explain... Last night I've had a software-update and at first, everything was fine. I went doing my own thing when all off the sudden, my finger wasn't able to scan. When I went to settings, the whole bloody "fingerprint" option was gone! After that, I went on the roller coaster you see above. According to the helpdesk of the netherlands LG I'm the first to have this problem, but the internet says otherwise. And I hope someone can help me please.

Thank you for letting me steam a little out and I'm sorry for my frustrating message.

Understandable. I'd be a little miffed also if my fingerprint option disappeared :(
Welcome to the forums though!
You say there is no option whatsoever to set up a fingerprint security on your lockscreen?
What software version are you on?

The normal option would say "fingerprints and secuirity" but mine just said secuirity. But, after my post, I went on doing the factory reset again and now the option is back again! Really weird. But when I wanna add a Fingerprint it says (litterally translated from dutch to english) "fingerprint not registered. Use another finger and try again." Well I've every single finger and the stupid thing still says the same. I'm starting to think that it is a fault with the power button... Yay, more money I need to spend... Oh and the software is android 6.0.1 :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones